Just got my Koss KSC-35's
Oct 11, 2002 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Globetro

New Head-Fier
I'm not an audiophile by any means, by I really love the sound of these things! The bass is just very... satisfying! Very full, got a nice oomph to it. I currently own Sennheiser 545, Grado SR80's, and Sennheiser MX400's, and I like the sound of the 35's the most out of all of these. I was quite surprised as to how much weaker the bass sound was out of the SR80's compared to the 35's! Perhaps they could benefit from some headphone amps. All-in-all, I'm more than satisfied with the Koss 35's... now if only they weren't ugly as sin.

Oct 11, 2002 at 11:36 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi Globetro!

They are nice phones, a bit ugly (with my shaved head I look like Lobot) but they are fantastic for mobile and portable use.

I just purchased a pair for my wife from Martin who I must say was excellent to deal with (paid and received my phones in a matter of 3 days --- different countries no less!).

These are keepers, and collector items I would say....they are out of production...for something which does not match it...

Oct 12, 2002 at 1:32 AM Post #3 of 5
Congrats! I too purchased my ksc-35s from mr tibbs, and I have to say, they are the best purchase in audio that I've made. I ordered 2 pairs, in case anything happens. Really a shame that koss stopped making them.
frown.gif

Oct 12, 2002 at 3:07 AM Post #5 of 5
Globetro
HI: Great choice good luck with them. Now to give you a suggestion But first let me explain what I do. I plug my koss-35 and my koss portapro into my Max Out META42 and its a wow. My portapros and 35s sound like my 580s. My separated wife plugs her 35s into the fix-up mini amp that I got her and thats a wow. So I suggest you give the 35s an amp and say wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back