Just got my klipsch image s4's just now!
Sep 24, 2009 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

oakleyguy89

100+ Head-Fier
Just figured I would write about them. Their cable does worry me a bit like I have read on cnet, but hopefully the cable holds up. Plugging these into my 1st gen zune 30gig, they sound great!
smily_headphones1.gif
The only thing is that I have to turn up the volume alittle more higher than my ne-7ms to get them to sound as loud. But at volume 12 they sound loud enough
biggrin.gif
Treble does seem alittle lacking, but of course they havent burned in (Electronica sq bring in the treble alittle better) the bass on these are very detailed and have some more "punch" then the ne-7ms. They sound great, can't wait until they get some time to burn-in!
smile_phones.gif

Sep 24, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 3
I also think the isolation of the regular ear gels provide more isolation then the foam tips that came with the ne-7m.

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #3 of 3
i just got a pair yesterday too! So far i'm pretty impressed. Granted, My only other IEMs are Marshmallows, but these are considerably better for sure. i use Shure orange foams with my Marshmallows, and the S4s with the medium gel tip isolates just as well. There's a considerable amount of cable microphonics, but wearing them over-the-ear seems to minimize that. It's a bit awkward inserting them that way, but they do seem to go in deeper, and the sound is more solid that way too. Looking forward to breaking them in and getting used to them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back