Just got my Ipod
Aug 1, 2003 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MaxHeifetz

Head-Fier
My 10 gig 3rd gen ipod just got shipped here and it has the apple sign on the lcd. Now, I'm charging it but the sign isn't changing at all. Is there anything wrong?

Aug 1, 2003 at 6:45 PM Post #3 of 3
Congratulations on joining the chosen elite who made the right decision with their MP3 player choice
smily_headphones1.gif

As you soon find out, there's not a whole lot that you can do to an iPod if something goes wrong, since there's no reset button, and you can't even take the batteries out. Fortunately, however, 99% of any problems you may encounter can be solved by doing this:

Make sure the hold key is off

and

hold down the "Menu" and "Play" keys together

It takes about 5-10 seconds until you see the Apple sign. This does some kind of soft reset, so you don't lose your songs or anything, the manual tells you about some other way of resetting it while it's plugged in, but that erases the hard drive on it. Every once in a while I'll eject my iPod, and it will dissappear from my computer, but it will still say "Do Not Disconnect" and holding Menu and Play will fix it more often than not, sometimes you have to do it twice though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back