Just Got my iPod nano!!!
Sep 16, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #121 of 142
IMO if it requires critical listening in a quiet room to hear the SQ difference between audio hardware, it's sort of pointless (especially with a portable device).

I once A>B'd a 5 second clip for like 15 minutes while trying to hear the subtle differences between two earphones...what a meaningless effort lol

Sep 16, 2005 at 9:21 PM Post #122 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spad
You can recalibrate the battery indicator by fully discharging and recharging the battery. Partial discharges--which are actually good for L-I batteries--will cause the indicator to become increasingly inaccurate, but the battery's charge state isn't affected.

Does the iPOd nano have a Lithium 1 battery??

I just got one a few hours ago. Replacing my zen micro.
eggosmile.gif

Sep 17, 2005 at 1:11 AM Post #126 of 142
Mine went to the gym for the third time this week. I am getting the distinct impression that it does not like to work out. The little twerp jumped out of my pocket at least 3 times this morning. Fortunately it is so light that it just dangles at the end of the headphone cable. I almost squashed it putting a plate back on the rack.

Conclusion: pocket carry at gym = nano-crunch

I will be attaching some sort of clip this weekend. Either 3M tape or zip ties may be involved.

I do wish I could invert the screen. The nano sits so much better in my hand with the control wheel at the top that I have been reading the display upside down. For once dyslexia is a plus!

gerG

Sep 17, 2005 at 3:22 AM Post #127 of 142
Damn, my local Mac store is consistently out of the 4 gig model (black or white). They only have the white 2 gig model, the black 2 gig models sell out within hours after they arrive in the store.

Sep 17, 2005 at 3:31 AM Post #128 of 142
Yet reports are that sales are lackluster. Could it be that they didn't quite estimate the demand spectrum?

I am serious, actually. More than once I have found retailers that quit stocking a particular item because they "couldn't keep it on the shelf".

gerG

Sep 17, 2005 at 6:34 AM Post #129 of 142
Does the European Nano also have the volume limitation?

Sep 17, 2005 at 6:51 AM Post #130 of 142
Picked up a black 4GB nano. Expensive, I know. But now I can have 40 albums on the white one, 30 albums and playlists of singles on the black one, and pick a random one when I head out.
setup.jpg

Sep 17, 2005 at 1:51 PM Post #131 of 142
im not sure if i should get the nano because of the scratch problem.
if it gets so many scratches that easily and they are so visible
maybe I should wait till the cases come out.
I want to know how big the scratch problem actually is.
Would the white nano have less visible scratches?

Sep 17, 2005 at 4:26 PM Post #132 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taphil
Picked up a black 4GB nano. Expensive, I know. But now I can have 40 albums on the white one, 30 albums and playlists of singles on the black one, and pick a random one when I head out.
setup.jpg

Some people have none and you have FOUR?
Apple nut
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 17, 2005 at 4:49 PM Post #133 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taphil
setup.jpg

thats over four hundred dollars for 8 gigs when u can get 20 gigs for less than 250. i donno, that just seems inconvenient

Sep 17, 2005 at 5:28 PM Post #134 of 142
I really find it funny when someone bashes another person but prefaces the offensive statement with the disclaimer "no offense." Haha...how can labeling another's behavior as "idiotic" be anything other than offensive?

Anyway, I don't think Taphil's buying decisions are idiotic. First, even if he's not rich, he obviously have the money to purchase two nanos, and as far as I'm concerned, people can do whatever they want with their money. Second, people need to get through their heads that there is a big difference b/n a flash-based mp3 player and a hd-based mp3 player - capacity is not the only issue folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back