Just Got my iPod nano!!!
Sep 13, 2005 at 9:21 PM Post #106 of 142
Just got mine today! This thing is tiny.

Note that the plastic film is still on the front in the picture.

DSC00200.JPG

Mmm Shiny!

DSC00199.JPG

Sep 13, 2005 at 9:32 PM Post #107 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taphil
Ugh. The front of my nano is full of scratches. I removed the PDA screen protectors to replace them with a better arrangement/layout, and the front has tons of scratches already, though shallow and visible at an angle. So apparently the nano is sensitive to PDA screen protectors too. It might as well be sensitive to air. Never had a problem with the screen protectors and other iPods though
rolleyes.gif
mad.gif
rolleyes.gif
mad.gif

The only screen issues I've ever had with iPods (1st gen and now Photo) is using a screen protector. I've now sworn them off.

Sep 13, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #109 of 142
damn the black is soooo sexay!!!111
tongue.gif

Sep 13, 2005 at 11:54 PM Post #110 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taphil
Ugh. The front of my nano is full of scratches. I removed the PDA screen protectors to replace them with a better arrangement/layout, and the front has tons of scratches already, though shallow and visible at an angle. So apparently the nano is sensitive to PDA screen protectors too. It might as well be sensitive to air. Never had a problem with the screen protectors and other iPods though
rolleyes.gif
mad.gif
rolleyes.gif
mad.gif

Yeah, my nano is full of scratches already... and I always keep it in a silky pouch.
Like you said, it seems like dust can scratch this thing...
confused.gif

Oh well, now that I have "worn" my nano, I can use it however I want and not pretend it's a little worm and I might squish it.

Sep 14, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #111 of 142
I can deal with the greasemagnetgloss face, but the guy who decided to make the center button glossy needs a dope slap. The thing is a skin oil amplifier, and is guaranteed to look awful if ever actually used.

I don't like the idea of a "slip cover", but it seems like they designed with that in mind. Personally I would have preferred a mini with the ss memory and vivid display. They could have filled up the space with a bigger battery and a better amp. Maybe the next gen ipod will jump to the mini case.

gerG

Sep 14, 2005 at 6:01 AM Post #113 of 142
Are they really scratches or more like the hairline marks made when one uses the Apple case with their white iPod?

I'm thinking maybe these 'scratches' aren't that serious as people are making them out to be... but I have yet to see some pics of them..

Sep 14, 2005 at 10:47 AM Post #114 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by gerG
I can deal with the greasemagnetgloss face, but the guy who decided to make the center button glossy needs a dope slap. The thing is a skin oil amplifier, and is guaranteed to look awful if ever actually used.

GerG, what many people fail to realise is that the aesthetics of the entire ipod range were designed to *sell* ipods, not hold up well to abuse.
wink.gif

Sep 16, 2005 at 1:43 AM Post #115 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by kloan
Are they really scratches or more like the hairline marks made when one uses the Apple case with their white iPod?

I'm thinking maybe these 'scratches' aren't that serious as people are making them out to be... but I have yet to see some pics of them..

You want to see some scratches? Here you go
biggrin.gif

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/nano.ars/3

Sep 16, 2005 at 2:13 AM Post #117 of 142
Rest assured, they are scratches (I checked under the scope). It is a combination of highly polished surface on a clear material above a black substrate. This makes huge contrast, so the light scattered by the scratches is highly visible. I also suspect that they got a batch of plastic that is very soft. Polycarb would have been nice. They may have been able to get away with glass, except for that drop on the corner thing.

gerG

Sep 16, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #118 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by gerG
Rest assured, they are scratches (I checked under the scope). It is a combination of highly polished surface on a clear material above a black substrate. This makes huge contrast, so the light scattered by the scratches is highly visible. I also suspect that they got a batch of plastic that is very soft. Polycarb would have been nice. They may have been able to get away with glass, except for that drop on the corner thing.

gerG

I wish they had considered making these things in brushed aluminium like the mini - sigh!

Sep 16, 2005 at 3:43 AM Post #119 of 142
Wheeeee, my black 4gig finally arrived, and I took a few beauty shots... the engraving is something of an inside thing, so if you don't like/get it, too bad.
wink.gif

nano_front.jpg

nano_back_a.jpg

nano_back_b.jpg

Whew, now that that's over with I can stop worrying about how it looks and actually listen to it some.
600smile.gif

Sep 16, 2005 at 4:34 AM Post #120 of 142
I received a 4GB white nano today as a birthday gift.

I'm listening to it right now hooked to a Xin SM-3 through the SIK, and with the SR-60s on my head.

Very nice... I don't hear any particular difference between this and the 4G 20gb iPod sitting next to it. I'll try to do some more detailed comparison of the sound sooner or later. But for now, this is working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back