Just got my HFI 780s
Dec 18, 2009 at 2:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

RichieLitt

100+ Head-Fier
These sound bass anemic..what the hell? I'm guessing it will change a lot with burn in (heard it takes up to 400 hours), but I thought they were supposed to be borderline bass monsters.

Dec 18, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #2 of 14
What's your frame of reference? Not the same cans, but I too was expecting more from the Pro750s when I got them, in retrospect though they definitely had more than enough.

Dec 18, 2009 at 9:35 AM Post #4 of 14
Man! They aren't bass shy :)
CHeck our how you wear them - maybe there is a lack of isolation. Give them some time & your brain will adapt to this bass. You can always eq them a bit for your tastes - they can handle tons of bass!!! Though my HFI-580 are not that bassy as Cresyn HP600, but their bass is great!!!

Dec 20, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #6 of 14
Starting to sound completely different after a lil burn in..Sounding great now. I'm having a hard time dealing with the headband though. The cushion in the middle is so uncomfortable on the top of my head.

Dec 20, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lagatp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeh I feel that too. Just a note is that you can change those uncomfortable pads with velour (Beyerdyanics's), its just so much more comfortable

Yes the velour pads do improve the confort but even with those installed the clamping force was too much for me and I don't have a particularly big head haha.

@OP the HFI 780 is notorious for having a roller coaster burn in route. They shouldn't be lacking in bass at all though.

Dec 20, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #11 of 14
The pad have a "lip" of pleather that goes inside a ridge in the plastic cup. Carefully insert a finger under the pad from the inside of the cup and gently push outward and away from the cup, go slowly around the entire cup and repeat.

Dec 20, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #12 of 14
i'd say the Pro - range have deeper bass than the HFI range, but burn them in first.

Dec 21, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #14 of 14
That did help with the pressure, but that stupid bump of pleather or whatever it is in the middle of the headband still annoys me..Has anyone ever taken that out or modded the headband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back