Just got my Fostex TH-900mk2 and I don't notice a difference
May 12, 2017 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

max2

100+ Head-Fier
Just got my Fostex TH-900mk2 and I don't notice a difference

At least from my Denon AHD 2000 old headphones. Is this normal ?

Maybe it is just me ?

May 12, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #4 of 10
Could you return them? I don't know what you spent on the Denon's, but for the difference in price, yea I agree there should be a groundbreaking difference.

What were you looking for in terms of SQ etc?

May 12, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #5 of 10
Could you return them? I don't know what you spent on the Denon's, but for the difference in price, yea I agree there should be a groundbreaking difference.

What were you looking for in terms of SQ etc?

Should I get a new amp ? What is some of the top amps for a Fostex TH-900mk2? $200 to $400.

May 12, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #6 of 10
Eh, not sure if a new amp would make a whole difference in SQ, especially since they're both rated at 25 OHM's (correct me if I'm wrong).

If you are looking for a new amp, I'd check out Mayflower. I've owned his amps (objective 2) and really liked it. Excellent build, outstanding customer service and reasonably priced for what you're getting.

May 12, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #7 of 10
Eh, not sure if a new amp would make a whole difference in SQ, especially since they're both rated at 25 OHM's (correct me if I'm wrong).

If you are looking for a new amp, I'd check out Mayflower. I've owned his amps (objective 2) and really liked it. Excellent build, outstanding customer service and reasonably priced for what you're getting.

Is Mayflower sold on Amazon ?

May 12, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #9 of 10
FiiO is solid. The A5 received good reviews. I don't believe it's the traditional metal case that previous units had (if that matters to you).

Schiit has a good reputation.

Can't say much about Phil Jones.

May 12, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #10 of 10
Yea it is. It also may be under JD Labs, which is essentially is the same thing. Also, I just checked Amazon a bit ago and they may have limited options in regards to that model.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back