Just got my e2c's today... Thank You!
Feb 8, 2005 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

m0nkeybl1tz

Head-Fier
I just want to thank everyone who helped me choose what headphones to get. I just got my e2c's in the mail today, and I hafta say they're awesome. I can't hear someone talking to me from 3 feet away. At all. It's awesome. I haven't tried the rubber tips yet, but I can't even feel the foam ones any more. The sound is crisp and detailed. Basically, I'm lving them. So, thank you all so much for your help.

Feb 8, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by m0nkeybl1tz
I just want to thank everyone who helped me choose what headphones to get. I just got my e2c's in the mail today, and I hafta say they're awesome. I can't hear someone talking to me from 3 feet away. At all. It's awesome. I haven't tried the rubber tips yet, but I can't even feel the foam ones any more. The sound is crisp and detailed. Basically, I'm lving them. So, thank you all so much for your help.

now that you've found something you like RUN AWAY FROM THIS FORUM BEFORE YOU SPEND ALL OF YOU MONEY.

Feb 8, 2005 at 3:35 AM Post #4 of 15
Run as fast as you can. I Bought a pair of E2cs in January and now I"m waiting for my MS-1s to arrive and I'm contenplating getting an amp.......run!!...its too late for me....save yourself!!!

Feb 8, 2005 at 4:21 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxx
Run as fast as you can. I Bought a pair of E2cs in January and now I"m waiting for my MS-1s to arrive and I'm contenplating getting an amp.

you. must. buy. an. amp. contem. plation. over.

Feb 8, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #6 of 15
Glad to hear you're happy with the purchase. If you value your wallet, you should seriously heed the advice of others and erase this site from your bookmarks and even better, your memory.

My path of doom: KSC-35 -> MX400 -> e2 -> A500 -> HD555 -> cmoy

And I'm one of the low-end guys having stuck with cans on the budget end of things. Yet even here you can see that slow progression into madness. I'm already thinking about what I'd like to get next.

Run. Don't walk. Run.

Feb 8, 2005 at 5:44 AM Post #7 of 15
Why run? You know that you're down with the sickness.
icon10.gif

Feb 8, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #9 of 15
my progression: SR-60 -> E2c -> PortaPro -> ER-6i -> Aiport Express -> Xin SuperMini -> ER-4P -> Corda HA-1 MK II -> soon to be CD3000 -> soon to be SACD player. if you don't want this to happen to you run away, m0nkeybl1tz

Feb 8, 2005 at 6:17 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by m0nkeybl1tz
Hey, a couple usage questions before I run away... Should I use the wax guards? And how do I use this case thingy? Thanks again.

yes, use the waxguard. you are supposed to wrap the cable around the center of the case and tuck the plug and transducers in the middle. personally, i would get an altoids case and use that. wrapping the cable can sometimes damage the connection to the plug.

Feb 8, 2005 at 6:34 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
Why run? You know that you're down with the sickness.
icon10.gif

I know I am, I thought I was safe, came here with HD580 powered by CMoy, only thing I bought while I was here is the E2c's, but I just ordered parts for a Pimeta and a Mint today, about to order several hundred feet of silver coated copper wire and some starquad to rewire my hardware, and plan to get an Emu 0404 soon.

Feb 8, 2005 at 6:59 AM Post #12 of 15
Wait till you burn them in....

Enjoy! Theyre a very fun phone to listen to. Im thoroughly enjoying mine and have no desire to upgrade.

USE the wax guard. I didnt for 2 weeks and noticed little crumbs getting inside the tube... and Im meticulous about cleaning my ears.... Aurally retentive
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

Garrett

Feb 8, 2005 at 7:05 AM Post #13 of 15
If you've got an allen wrench (hex) you can remove the screw in the center or the spool then pinch the two pieces together and remove the spool. When you've got the spool out, put the other piece back in and put the screw back in it. It won't fall out and the case works much better this way. Alternatively, you can order one without the spool in it for around $10.

My step-father left his spool in and his seem to be doing fine but it takes forever to rewrap the thing every time you need to put it away.

Feb 8, 2005 at 7:05 AM Post #14 of 15
Yeah, the worst thing about this Hi-Fi business is that the biggest performance leap you'll ever see is likely to be your first, and you'll spend the rest of your life trying to feel that sensation again.

crappy-generic-earbud -> Shure E2C. Total cost: ~$60.

E2C -> SR-71 + UE-10 Pro. Total cost: ~$1,300.

Feb 8, 2005 at 7:39 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by rogerlee
Yeah, the worst thing about this Hi-Fi business is that the biggest performance leap you'll ever see is likely to be your first, and you'll spend the rest of your life trying to feel that sensation again.

Yeah this website is the gateway drug.
orphsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back