Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Jan 17, 2005 at 6:58 PM Post #556 of 630
Muhaha, I found an online shop that still has the zen micro in lime color with 2 batteries for 248€
smily_headphones1.gif
I guess I'll be one of those original guys with some exentric mp3-player then. unless I can find another one in black or white of course.

Jan 17, 2005 at 11:23 PM Post #557 of 630
OK, I was wondering if anyone was having the same issue as me. When the Zen Micro is charging, it won't automatically stop charging when it's done. The only way to know if it's fully charged is to unplug it and plug it back in and see if the device turns on. This is getting annoying because I would like to be able to just plug it in when I got to sleep so it will be ready the next day, but I'm afraid that doing this will hurt the battery by overcharging it. Is this doing the same thing for everyone, and does anyone know how to correct this?

Jan 18, 2005 at 12:08 AM Post #558 of 630
I found this really cool guide in which they compared every single aspect of both players, ipod mini and zen micro.. It's very good and it has now convinced me that ipod mini is better than zen micro.
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2005 at 12:11 AM Post #559 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
i can get about 1000 songs on my micro at about an average of 150kps and 3 min each. as to the ipod mini vs. zen micro the micro is pound for pound far better than the mini. if you want to pay 20-30$ more for an image that does less stuff thats your buissiness, but i would just assume get the best for less money. itunes is good but i like wmp almost just as much. tell the truth you should not even consider the ipod mini ever. its either going to be the zen micro or rio carbon if you want a good player.

rio- better battery life but no removable battery, worse interface(slower), worse sound quallity, smaller size, both have voice recorder, zen has the radio, both are drag and drop compatable and i think both are play for sure (not sure about the rio).

you should do some homework on the rio carbon and zen micro on these forums and read a bunch of reviews on line. just google each one and get'a readin. good luck, this will take a while
orphsmile.gif

I'm just getting a mini.. read a good guide which convinced me to buy mini.. plus i would have to pay $40 bucks more for zen where I live (calgary)... and i dont even want the FM and voice recorder so yeah i'll just stick with mini

what about mini.. it can store more than 64kbps right?

Jan 18, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #560 of 630
uhhhg...why. what could possibly make you get a mini... i give up on humanity...what a waste

Jan 18, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #561 of 630
Just some poor kid that cant afford the Micro and has to justify his position by dissing the micro is all.

Who cares if your getting a mini This thread is about the Micro . So go find if you can a mini thread and do your braging there.

Jan 18, 2005 at 12:12 PM Post #562 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoNotBugMe
I'm just getting a mini.. read a good guide which convinced me to buy mini.. plus i would have to pay $40 bucks more for zen where I live (calgary)... and i dont even want the FM and voice recorder so yeah i'll just stick with mini

what about mini.. it can store more than 64kbps right?

All mp3 player can store songs encoded with more than 64kbps encoding bitrate.

Based on my initial impression listening with iPod mini, there is no match on sound quality with Zen Micro. Zen Micro is simply much better.

Jan 18, 2005 at 1:06 PM Post #563 of 630
You'd have to be a moron to buy an iPod mini after seeing what the Zen Micro has to offer...

Jan 19, 2005 at 4:24 AM Post #565 of 630
Hey guys! First of all, no way can you compare a mini to the micro-maybe the carbon is all. But anyways, I own a micro now and am happy with it. Mine is white with the back button that just has an arrow and looks see-thru. After reading this entire thread I am slighty confused which arrows are the new ones or old. Also, my player came with an extra battery. I picked it up at Frys and they still had several others with the extra battery. I already have the remote on order.
One thing I want to say about mine-the back cover is shiny and smooth without a single scratch. I would think that scratches like the ones shown is not something that should be normal and that would annoy me also.
As for the screen, I got a razor blade and cut the clear plastic around the micro but left it over the screen area to sorta protect it for a while.
Ive had a rio carbon and a Sony HD-1 and I have to say that the micro is by far my favorite. And there is no doubt that this thing is so small...pictures do it no justice. When I got my carbon no one mentioned how small it was, but the ladies did like how they could use the back for a mirror. lol. Figures you conceited women....
But the micro, everyone is amazed how tiny it is! Very nice. And the color scheme is slick, the blue glow is very impressisive.
Honestly I am totally impressed and have no desire to take it back like I did with my Sony and Rio. Go creative!

Jan 19, 2005 at 7:02 AM Post #566 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by lostprophet
Ive got the Zen Micro obviously. Im just wondering will this cable do the job for linking the zen to my hi0fi speakers so that the hi-fi speakers will send out the music?

Of course. You can look for a higher quality cable but I don't think that will be necessary considering your source.

Jan 19, 2005 at 1:33 PM Post #567 of 630
I am looking for an online shop in the US that will ship the Zen Micro (+extra battery) internationally to Belgium. Does anybody know any?

I ordered a few things before from outside Belgium but I never had to pay custom taxes. Is this normal? Could this happen if I'd order my zen micro from the US? Because of the currency differences between the dollar and the euro it would be even cheaper for me to order the micro from the US, even considering shipping fee. So if anybody could point me out to some great shops out there...

Thanks in advance

Jan 19, 2005 at 7:37 PM Post #568 of 630
I have read many disadvantages of Micro. Slower transfer, hangs up sometimes, the buttons get cheap after a while, and less accessories? What else? Even some people in this thread complained about buttons..

Jeez, I was giving my opinion on Mini and Micro. Some of you need to learn how to respect. It's not that I can't afford it as one of you said.. it's just that I want a better one.

Jan 19, 2005 at 8:35 PM Post #569 of 630
Hopefully this isn't old news but the wired remotes for the micros are available again at Creative's website. I missed the first time they were available and last I had checked (before today) you couldn't even pre-order. Anyways, the black and white ones are buyable now, enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back