Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Dec 2, 2004 at 4:30 AM Post #151 of 630
My dad said he will get me a Micro if I want one (
biggrin.gif
), but I don't think he is going to let me order it online (
mad.gif
). Does anyone know when it will be available in-store/what store will have it first?

Dec 2, 2004 at 3:02 PM Post #153 of 630
Hi, I'm new to this entire site and have been enjoying the discussion about the ZM, which I've found pretty helpful. It looks to me like it really does beat out the iPod mini. To me, actually, the built-in radio is on of the big draws. Anybody else feel that way? And of those who have reviewed it, have you used the radio much, and is it clear? I've read elsewhere that it's not very good, even when it is in range. I'd appreciate some comments.

Also, I'm an Apple user only, so I have a dilemma similar to blessingx and appar111:

Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Quote:

Originally Posted by appar111
If only it could be used with Mac stuff-- that's the ONE thing that kills it for me, considering I have a Powerbook.

Does it show up as a removeable hard drive, by chance? I checked Creative's website and no mention of Apple/Mac support at all...

Creative dropped Mac support after the NJB1 and tends to only list Windows on their products even if they work with Macs (ex. MuVos). Afraid the Micro requires (a PC) load program from everything I've read, so you (and I) am out of luck.

However, I'm hopeful that this will not be a deterrent much longer. Check out XNJB. This is a piece of software that uses a port of the libnjb library on Mac OS X to interface with the Jukebox series. Zen Touch is already supported, and I emailed the developer, who told me that he thought the newest release of libnjb should hopefully include Zen Micro support. He said he was hoping to get to implementing it in the next few days, so help may be on the way. I'll keep you posted, and will let you know as soon as the Zen Micro becomes a reasonable option for us Mac users.

Thanks for all the excellent reviews.

Dec 2, 2004 at 7:24 PM Post #155 of 630
Ive been looking at the Senn MX500'S for use with the ZM. Is it worth buying them considering the quality of the creative supplied buds?

And does anyone know the initial charge time?

Thanks

Dec 2, 2004 at 7:40 PM Post #156 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by becca.morgan
Ive been looking at the Senn MX500'S for use with the ZM. Is it worth buying them considering the quality of the creative supplied buds?

And does anyone know the initial charge time?

Thanks

I just charged it initially 'till the light stopped flashing, and have had some problems with the battery(ies) since...so...

Dec 3, 2004 at 6:54 AM Post #157 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by becca.morgan

Thanks

No, the Senn MX500 sound really tinny compared to the ones that Creative provided with the Zen Micro. It's sorta weird, because the Senn's sounded absolutely great on my CD player.

Edit: Well, I did some tests, and the MX500 doesn't sound horrible, but it does has some weird problems with volume (and yes, the volume was all the way up on the headphones). For some odd reason, the volume on the MX500 were quiet, and I had to turn up the volume about 5-7 ticks compared to the Creative earbuds. Also, the bass on the Creative buds are a little more full than the MX500's.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2004 at 6:03 PM Post #160 of 630
Fianlly!!!!!
580smile.gif
I got my ZM today. I cancelled my order on the net-store as I had to wait for 2-3 more weeks. So I payed a little more and got me the black player, instead of the white one I was dreaming of. And with two batteries...

Here is my beauty!!

Dec 3, 2004 at 10:53 PM Post #162 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanGilbertTX
Went to Fry's today (in Austin, TX) and Creative had a booth setup there showing off their stuff. The ZM was the centerpiece. Finally got to see a Black and a Dark Blue in person. All things considered, I am glad I went with Silver. The Black doesn't look as good as I thought it would. Also, they were selling for $249. They were are still in the original 35,000 "bonus" run. Anyway, just thought it was interesting that Creative had a booth there in FRONT of the Apple computer section. :)

Could you give a little more information on your impressions between the black and silver, I was hanging out for the black, but it was on back order, so I read a few reviews on the black and the finish didn't seem to be as good as the marketing photos. After reading your posts, I opted for the Silver. I should get it on Monday (with the remote!) so I will post my thoughts on the player.

Dec 3, 2004 at 11:27 PM Post #163 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by edpaek
Anyone else want to comment on some good ear buds that they use with their ZMs?

I use the Sony MDR-EX70LP. They are in the canal earbuds and realtively inexpensive when compared to Shure and Etymotic I paid around $80 AUD for them. I haven't tried the high end earphones, but I find them to be pretty good. The cord is prone to tangling, however the cord comes in two sections so you can shorten it.

Dec 4, 2004 at 3:17 AM Post #164 of 630
Quote:

No, the Senn MX500 sound really tinny compared to the ones that Creative provided with the Zen Micro. It's sorta weird, because the Senn's sounded absolutely great on my CD player.

Edit: Well, I did some tests, and the MX500 doesn't sound horrible, but it does has some weird problems with volume (and yes, the volume was all the way up on the headphones). For some odd reason, the volume on the MX500 were quiet, and I had to turn up the volume about 5-7 ticks compared to the Creative earbuds. Also, the bass on the Creative buds are a little more full than the MX500's.

Dregur, are the highs, mids, and lows better with the Creative buds than with the MX500s?

Does anyone else think the Creative buds sound better than the MX500s?

Dec 4, 2004 at 3:51 PM Post #165 of 630
Hi can anyone tell me if it pays songs that are split over two tracks without much of a gap?

Say for example you have a 60min continuous dj set and it's been split into 10 tracks where each track flows into another is there much of a pause between each track, if u know what I mean
rolleyes.gif

My Packard Bell mp3 cd player used to pause for about 2 seconds after each track which was really annoying and messed up the flow
frown.gif

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back