Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Nov 21, 2004 at 7:27 PM Post #76 of 630
Thanks for the update Jack. I am probably just going to go with Silver so I can get it here before Turkey Day. Everyone other one is backordered. Silver is the only thing I can find in stock. Thanks again for letting me know about the faceplate.

Any of you guys with the silver units have any trouble seeing the buttoms in the day? The one thing I like about the black units was the contrast looks like it might be better in bright sunlight or lighting. That may not be an issue at all so I figured I would ask.

Nov 21, 2004 at 8:49 PM Post #77 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by mushu
(btw, I'm pretty sure all the creative players (from muvo to zen xtra) have the same sound quality, with an SNR of 98dB, and I don't think the faceplates are changable)

Zen Touch has up to 97, I have no idea how important this is.

http://www.creative.com/products/pro...ct=10274&nav=2

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanGilbertTX
Any of you guys with the silver units have any trouble seeing the buttoms in the day? The one thing I like about the black units was the contrast looks like it might be better in bright sunlight or lighting. That may not be an issue at all so I figured I would ask.

nah, I can see them
wink.gif
anyway, there are so few buttons that I use them without looking by now, but I like my zen micro soo much that I can't
wink.gif

important BTW, how do I make filelist on my computer and copy them to my zen micro? I know I can make them by hand when it's connected, but I want something faster.

Another solution, how to copy the playlist back to my computer?

Nov 21, 2004 at 9:01 PM Post #78 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeeyy
Quote:

Originally Posted by slunk007
Any word on whether or not Creative will implement a completely UMS firmware for the Micro? The fact that you can only use a max of 2GB of storage towards data and that you can't go to another computer to upload/download files without software sounds very annoying to me. Other than that, this player looks damn slick. I'm not too crazy about the carbon's iPod-like metal backing which is prone to scratches.

I thought the 2GB can be used as Mass Storage Device, no?

Ok, I saw this from Taphil post, so the 2GB thingy can be used as Mass Storage Device without software.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taphil
It does work as a USB mass storage device. On the player itself, you can set the data parition size (128MB, 256MB, 512MB, 1GB, 1.5GB, 2GB if that much free space is available) and the device will function as BOTH a mp3 player and removable drive, contrary to the egadget review. So for example, you can make it 4.5GB for music and 0.5GB for files and use it to play music or as a removable drive. When you "disable" the data partition, all data on it is erased. I was at first critical of this, but it seems to work ok, so no complaints here.

[Edited] Typo of wrong name of quoting person.

slunk007, Taphil and yeeyy, you are right, all of you.

slunk007, instead of "files" you meant "music" I presume.

yeeyy, slunk007 said "completely"

briefly, you can't go to a computer without the Creative software suite and copy .mp3 you will listen when you unplug your zen micro. (anyone tells me how, if I am wrong)

I talked about this here:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...4&postcount=51

I also want to say that although on the paper is thick it doesn't feel like that. Also, that I bring the second battery next to my credit card (I don't recall the name for that, wallet?)

Nov 21, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #79 of 630
Anyone know when the remote is going to be available? It is not on their website, nor offered at J and R where I bought my zen micro...

Nov 21, 2004 at 10:13 PM Post #80 of 630
Is it me or does the battery slowly drain even when the unit is shut off? I had one bar of battery life on friday and today it wouldn't turn on....had to start recharging the sucker. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Nov 22, 2004 at 1:26 AM Post #82 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by buffpants24
Sounds like the same problem the iPod has.

Well, i'm pretty sure the ipod doesn't actually shut down completely, sort of goes into a sleep state. I recall reading someone else was having a problem with his micro zen not holding a charge...i'm going to charge the extra battery and see how that goes, if i have the same results, i'll have to exchange it for a new one.

Nov 23, 2004 at 5:22 PM Post #84 of 630
yes you can browse by album.

Nov 23, 2004 at 6:10 PM Post #86 of 630
Im just about to get a zen micro after debating between a mini. Are you able to copy songs to it while doing a first charge? At the moment all my music is in media player, will it be easy to transfer to the creative software?

Nov 23, 2004 at 6:42 PM Post #87 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by becca.morgan
Im just about to get a zen micro after debating between a mini. Are you able to copy songs to it while doing a first charge? At the moment all my music is in media player, will it be easy to transfer to the creative software?

The Zen comes with Windows Media 10 support although I didn't get around to using it to find out if there are any peccadilloes. The Zen will charge from a USB socket so you can just plug it in and use it while it's charging, but I would suggest that you do charge it up fully with the supplied power supply first. Check your run time as well after about two complete charges, as mine was getting less than an iPod Mini (<5 hours). I've sent it back for for a replacement or refund. If I get a refund I think I'll choose a different colour this time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back