Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Nov 16, 2004 at 4:25 AM Post #48 of 630
I'm really feelin' this player so far, easy software, good sound (even though I thought it may be a little weak at first), great looks, nice package contents, still learning my way around the touch pad and menus, though.

Also, plugged the zen micro into my Z-audio mint tin amp, and the thing absolutely came alive, running it with my e3c's right now.

Nov 16, 2004 at 1:05 PM Post #49 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by moi
if this little chap can do playlists like its bigger brother's the Zen/NJB3, then it can join my gang. Does it?

It definitely does playlists.

Nov 17, 2004 at 10:37 AM Post #51 of 630
I also have a Zen Micro.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ken830
How does the organizer feature work?? besides syncing with Outlook, can you do any editing on the unit itself?

I haven't used that feature yet, you can check the calendar, but typing on the micro takes some good time, the scroll is what you use to select characters, and you have to change "charsets" if you want to type a capital letter or a number. Quite unpractical.

I also don't like the separation between music and general data in two partitions, that means that if I go to a friend's computer I won't be able to fill my zen micro with his music, or give him mine without installing the full software suite.

Without drivers (winxp) you have access to the data partition, not the music.

Or if I put .mp3 in the data partition I won't be able to listen them (it's a mp3 player, right?), another limit: the data partition can't be resized to more than 2GB.

Nov 17, 2004 at 8:01 PM Post #52 of 630
I've really been diggin' using the Zen micro since I received it, the only real problem being...the battery, of course. The over-hyped life span of these batteries is really starting to bug me. I'm not just talking about Creative, it's basically all DAP companies that use a rechargeable battery. The batteries NEVER last as long. I know other posters have mentioned this, I know it's a broken record. I've tried turning off the backlight, the EQ, etc. The battery life is not bad, just not as long as hyped.

Nov 18, 2004 at 5:06 AM Post #54 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless
uncle b, what kind of battery life are you getting with the micro?

Creative claims "up to 12 hours of battery life", but I feel as though I'm getting somewhere around 8 or so. I really didn't mean to sound like I am complaining, except for I've NEVER been really surprised about the battery life of any of my digital music players. Not one has made me say, "Man, this battery life is incredible!" I must say, I am REALLY happy with the Zen Micro though.

Nov 18, 2004 at 7:08 PM Post #56 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle b
Creative claims "up to 12 hours of battery life", but I feel as though I'm getting somewhere around 8 or so. I really didn't mean to sound like I am complaining, except for I've NEVER been really surprised about the battery life of any of my digital music players. Not one has made me say, "Man, this battery life is incredible!" I must say, I am REALLY happy with the Zen Micro though.

First 35000 released units come/came with two batteries, mine and Taphil's did, your's didn't?

Nov 18, 2004 at 7:30 PM Post #57 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by n0On3
First 35000 released units come/came with two batteries, mine and Taphil's did, your's didn't?

No, I got two batteries with mine, too.

Nov 19, 2004 at 8:20 AM Post #58 of 630
Hi to all!

I would just like to ask you proud owners of Creative Zen Micro if it "plays" text files?
Can You read e-book on your Micro?

This is a big thing for me, 'cos I like reading.....

Thanks

Nov 19, 2004 at 4:05 PM Post #59 of 630
My Black Zen Micro is being delivered by UPS today, but since it's taken two days to get authorized to post here I may as well go ahead and ask my question:

I had a Gateway DMP-20x and it was an OK player, my big complaint was that its power button was laid out like so: Off-Lock-On
Turning it off an on was no big deal, but to lock the player (so the buttons didn't work, for pocket use) you had to delicatly move the switch to the middle position. Often times this led to moving the switch just a hair too far and you would inadvertantly turn the unit off, then have to start all over.

The Zen Micro (from the pictures) looks like it has a similar layout and I wanted to know from someone who has one how this actually works on the unit. As much details as you can provide about how the unit powers on, powers off and how you lock and unlock it would be greatly appreciated.

If I get my player before I get a reply I'll post my results.

Nov 19, 2004 at 5:10 PM Post #60 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by PirateJack
The Zen Micro (from the pictures) looks like it has a similar layout and I wanted to know from someone who has one how this actually works on the unit. As much details as you can provide about how the unit powers on, powers off and how you lock and unlock it would be greatly appreciated.

If I get my player before I get a reply I'll post my results.

The power button rests in the middle, you push it to the left to power it on and the button goes back to the middle. To lock it, you push that button to the right where it stays put.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back