Just got my Atrio M5, which foamies are best for me?
Feb 27, 2010 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

musik_lover

Head-Fier
Hi everyone.

I just got my Atrio M5's last night and I'm burning them in now. Let me start by saying, flanges are not for me. As we all know (atrio m5 owners) the foamies that come with them are just not the right color, and won't last long.

I have heard that the Shure Black foamies are great for isolation and comfort. I know there are many other brands of foamies I can get but they all will produce a little different sound.

I got the Atrio's because I'm a basshead. So the most important thing when choosing foamies is that they do NOT take away from and fully bring out the bass of these great phones.

Any suggestions? Also I use the smaller sized foamies that came with the atrios so if you have a suggestion of foamies with multiple sizes, please let me know the equivalent.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 6
Yes, Shure Olives work.

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, Shure Olives work.

You mean they work with Atrio? I know that much that they fit. Or do you mean they work because they meet what I'm asking for? They don't take away from the Atrio's great bass reproduction? I've heard someone say that using the Shure Black Olives with the M5's doesn't bring out the bass, quite the opposite in his/her opinion.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

Feb 27, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #4 of 6
I haven't tried them myself so I can't comment on the sound.
Do the flanges not fit or do you not like them? I didn't like them at first but when I found the correct insertion technique for my ears, I loved them and I wish I could use them on all my IEMs.

Mar 1, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #5 of 6
x2 on the Olives.

Mar 1, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #6 of 6
Shure olives sound great with the atrios

Users who are viewing this thread

Back