Just got my ATH-M50's in the mail, all I have to say is WOW!
Apr 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

arctyler

New Head-Fier
I never had a good pair of headphones before, and I just got these in the mail, and listened to them, and WOW, its almost makes you feel like your in a different world, the only other headphones I have ever owned was the apple buds and a pair of Bose IEMs, but wow, i was blown away by how nice these sound.

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #2 of 6
Only problem I have with them is I still can't make it to my bathroom from my room.... that's what i get for getting the coiled i guess, but i dont want to carry 11 feet of wire around with me lol

Apr 16, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 6
Congrats on your purchase.  The ATH-M50 was one of my very first hi-fi headphones.  I had the honor or listening to three walls of headphones at HeadRoom and the ATH-M50 was a suggestion Big Mike made to me.  I compared it to so many other headphones and the ATH-M50 always stands out as a very high quality sounding headphone.

They are especially fun when you hear a track that has some seriously low bass in it and your head feels like it is actually rumbling.  There exist few headphones that can do that at nominal listening levels.

Apr 16, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #4 of 6
Congrats! The M50s are a good all around choice for their price for a headphone with a decent bass response.

And now for the bad news . . . now you have a good basis for reading recommendations for other headphones in comparison to the M50s, which may suck you into the hobby of collecting more headphones :)

Apr 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #6 of 6
They are great, I just passed them onto my daughter. I moved up the ladder slightly with the HD650 and was like What WOW...It can get much much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back