Just got my ATH-A900
Oct 24, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by smarrad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The A900's are too big to wear out and about, right?

(I'm looking for something like the A900's in regards to sound quality and isolation, but something to can commute with - doesn't seem to exist)

I'd say the isolation of ES7 versus A900 is about the same - neither leak music but you can hear the world around you well enough.

The ES7 sounds pretty different than the A900 - the A900 has recessed mids, a treble spike (prone to sounding metallic), yet good deep bass. The ES7 is kinda like the opposite, it has a nice and full mid-range with non-metallic treble, and good bass with a little oomph but not too much.

Oct 24, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say the isolation of ES7 versus A900 is about the same - neither leak music but you can hear the world around you well enough.

The ES7 sounds pretty different than the A900 - the A900 has recessed mids, a treble spike (prone to sounding metallic), yet good deep bass. The ES7 is kinda like the opposite, it has a nice and full mid-range with non-metallic treble, and good bass with a little oomph but not too much.

Having just compared the ES7 and the A900 recently, I agree whole heartily with your evaluation. One thing to mention though is that while the isolation of both headphones are about the same, the A900 are a whole lot more comfortable.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back