Just got my AT A500's
Feb 9, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 23
because, although the colour is cooler, the price to performance ratio was just not worth it.

at least, that's why i didn't.

Feb 9, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #3 of 23
Join Team Wish They Got the A900s. I'm happy with my A700s, I just feel as if the A900s are a lot better and wish I payed the extra $30 or whatever it was. Poor descision on my part. If only I could magically get the funds and buy a pair of A900 LTDs, I think that would be awesome. Time to go out and get a job
frown.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #7 of 23
How are the 700s? Very few people have them on this forum and I would like to know. Also how much better are the 900s in your opinion muckluck?

Feb 9, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
because to get a woody you need to join "Team far to much disposable income"
biggrin.gif

Cup noodles are your friend.
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by niftymatt
How are the 700s? Very few people have them on this forum and I would like to know. Also how much better are the 900s in your opinion muckluck?

I never quite heard the 900s, just feel as if the wonderful 700s have plenty of room to expand. I like them, easy to drive and have a fun sound signature. The only problems are: they sound a little too distant with the more heavy fast rock I listen to, and the mids are recessed. But I really really really really love the bass. It's present and impactful without being bloated and muddy. Nice and tight and extends down real deep. Highs are also beautiful, clear and not harsh. No sibilance unless the recording was sibilant. Great pair of cans, just wish I got the A900s or 900LTDs since I feel they would've blown me even more away. I say get them if you don't have the appropriate funds for a higher pair, but if you do have the funding go with the 900/LTDs. Upgraditis sets in after a few days listening to the A700s.

Feb 9, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
Cup noodles are your friend.
biggrin.gif

You are wrong. Keep eating like that and you will waste all your money. When you buy that, you also get charged for the convience of the cup. Buy the regural plastic packaged ramon noodles, you will save an average of 40 cents.

Feb 9, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #11 of 23
See if you got the A900s, you would have been like "Why didn't I get the A900LTD?" No matter what, there's always something else to upgrade to...

Feb 9, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoSpaceBar
You are wrong. Keep eating like that and you will waste all your money. When you buy that, you also get charged for the convience of the cup. Buy the regural plastic packaged ramon noodles, you will save an average of 40 cents.

See, now you're thinking logically.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
See if you got the A900s, you would have been like "Why didn't I get the A900LTD?" No matter what, there's always something else to upgrade to...

L3000s.

Feb 9, 2006 at 5:40 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Good point, your pretty smart.

Feb 9, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoSpaceBar
Good point, your pretty smart.

Nope, pretty stupid, because I keep giving into the urge to do exactly what that little "upgrade voice" tells me to.

Feb 9, 2006 at 7:20 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Nope, pretty stupid, because I keep giving into the urge to do exactly what that little "upgrade voice" tells me to.

I've satisfied myself with the A900 under the rationale that they're not my primary headphones, but rather exist solely for times when I need isolation. They sound fantastic, for their price, to my ears; they're incredibly comfortable... I've got more expensive, nicer, open headphones for when I want to get critical or really lose myself in music, but for what I ask of the A900 I couldn't be more satisfied.

If I ever choose to move up the chain, it'll be to one of the wood-cup headphones, not to a comparatively minor augmentation of the A900.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back