Just got my AD-700s
Nov 19, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
agree. If I want to buy amp and AD700, I would go for AD2000 instead.

and get nice amp or DAC later.
biggrin.gif

Just do it....

Nov 19, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #33 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by beninfl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just picked up a pair of AD700's. Soundstage is great! How can I get more bass out of them though?

Amp.

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #35 of 41
Quote:

I just picked up a pair of AD700's. Soundstage is great! How can I get more bass out of them though?

If you are running them from winamp/foobar2000 on a pc you can use the equalizer to turn up the db around 50-100hz. An amp doesn't do much at all for ad700's. For more bass its either a) equalizer or b) buy closed headphones.

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #36 of 41
Quote:

As has been stated, buy a good amp - though that won't get you more bass, it'll just improve the bass you;re getting. You might try doing whatever you must to make sure they are as tight to your head as possible. The looseness of the AD700s does litttle to help the bass. Try pressing the ear pieces tighter to your head and see if that helps. If it does, try one of the methods discussed earlier to make them fit better.

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #37 of 41
You're really not going to get much bass out of it. Even if you mess with eq it won't change much. Just enjoy the rest of it ^__^.

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still have the AD700's. Why?

Gaming. They are pure awesome for gaming, even better than my current DT880's, which are regarded as great gaming headphones but the AD700's are even better for gaming.
AD700's = stupidly good for the price though, must be said.
AD700's and Koss KSC-75 (and maybe the Denon C751's) = bargains of the headphone world.

HAHA i just became an audiophile right before X-Mas, and guess what I asked for and got AD700 and Denon c751's lol.

Jan 21, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #39 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderwall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I am a little confuzzled. o.O They don't adjust apparently.. it's like one size fits all or something. What's been said about comfort is true.. but I can hardly get them to stay on.

Just started listening now, only on my second song with them so I will refrain from judging the sound quality (which out of the box is pretty much bassless and very hissy, lol). Only real complaint I have besides them being ginormous and floating on my head is that the sound in the right ear is not as loud as in the left... err, not sure what to make of that yet. Give it some time?

Ok so I was leaning towards these headphones until I saw your thoughts about them. I have a normal/ small head. So is this something I should worry about? I think someone said if you buy from amazon, you can return them, so any ideas? Should I look at something else? I was also thinking hd555, but I hear the ad700's sound so much better. HELP. I will mostly be gaming on these and soem movie watching when the wife is asleep.

Oh by the way I'm pretty new. So hi everyone and thanks for the help.

Jan 21, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #40 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjfoster77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok so I was leaning towards these headphones until I saw your thoughts about them. I have a normal/ small head. So is this something I should worry about? I think someone said if you buy from amazon, you can return them, so any ideas? Should I look at something else? I was also thinking hd555, but I hear the ad700's sound so much better. HELP. I will mostly be gaming on these and soem movie watching when the wife is asleep.

Oh by the way I'm pretty new. So hi everyone and thanks for the help.

welcome to head-fi and sorry about your wallet!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back