Just got my AD-700s
Nov 14, 2008 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

wonderwall

100+ Head-Fier
And I am a little confuzzled. o.O They don't adjust apparently.. it's like one size fits all or something. What's been said about comfort is true.. but I can hardly get them to stay on.

Just started listening now, only on my second song with them so I will refrain from judging the sound quality (which out of the box is pretty much bassless and very hissy, lol). Only real complaint I have besides them being ginormous and floating on my head is that the sound in the right ear is not as loud as in the left... err, not sure what to make of that yet. Give it some time?

Nov 14, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #4 of 41
Supposed to be new from amazon though tbh, they looked gently used out of the box. Sound in both ears seems equal now after about 10 songs. It wasn't that off to begin with, but noticeable. These are actually quite comfy now that I've gotten used to them. Still feels like a balancing act every time I move around. Can't believe I never noticed they weren't adjustable before I bought them. o.O

Nov 14, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #5 of 41
you can adjust them by bending the headband - I prefer mine to be little more loose and bent the headbands to be quite loose. They're technically stay-at-home headphones so I don't move around too much.

also, if they look used out of the box, you can always ask for a refund
wink.gif

Nov 15, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #7 of 41
I bent mine to more of an oval shape because my head is narrow. Just put the bottom of your palms on top of the plastic parts on each side and squeeze in with the top of your hands. It makes the top kind of like a rounded out triangle point. Then they won't be too wide for your head. I've had my headphones for 11 months like this now and they are fine. Doing this won't break them or anything.

Nov 15, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #9 of 41
Thanks for the advice, guys. I actually got a better fit by putting them on at a forward slant. Because of the shape of the ear cups and I guess the shape of my head, this works much better.

About 50-52 songs of burn-in so far. Not the most accurate method but seeing as the average is 4-5 minutes... I suck at math, so go figure. :lol: Either way, noticing them open up a bit more in the bass department. I know they will never have the same amount of bass as my last headphones, 555s, but I don't think I've maxed out their potential yet. Hasn't been long enough.

The clarity on these things is amazing. All details of a song are clear.

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #10 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderwall /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The clarity on these things is amazing. All details of a song are clear.

I took the same upgrade path as you. No knock on the HD555 but the AD700 makes them sound like a speaker with a blanket over it.

Nov 15, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #11 of 41
From my experience, AD700's bass is faster than HD555's, so you may feel it's lack of bass.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, congrats!! After I really like AD700 too, but I jumped up to get W5000 instead.
redface.gif

Nov 15, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #12 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From my experience, AD700's bass is faster than HD555's, so you may feel it's lack of bass.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, congrats!! After I really like AD700 too, but I jumped up to get W5000 instead.
redface.gif

I really hope that you have an amp/source to drive those W5000 monsters...they really are picky about amplification IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back