Just Got My A500~!
Apr 19, 2004 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

EightyEight

100+ Head-Fier
I've waited a week and a half to get these, and wow
eek.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Im now fooling around with my songs, and my Turtle Beach Santa Cruz configurations.
Not to sound unsatisfied but, will these cans improve with non-stop playing burn-in?
Special thanks to everyone at Head-fi, who have provided information while i was looking for some cans, and settled with the A500
icon10.gif

YAY~!
EIGHTYEIGHT

Apr 19, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #2 of 19
I just picked mine up today as well. They are very nice
biggrin.gif
. And I really like the smooth flow of the music, it's very balanced sounding, and so amazing in every other way. And I think it's funny that I can just see them with my peripheral vision if I turn my eyes all the way.

Apr 19, 2004 at 11:54 PM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigDu
And I think it's funny that I can just see them with my peripheral vision if I turn my eyes all the way.

Funny that you say that, I found the same thing and thought there was someone there the first couple of times.

Apr 20, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #5 of 19
just wish they had some cool aluminum and metallic-painted outter shells like the A700 and A900, that'd be cool

Apr 20, 2004 at 2:58 AM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

just wish they had some cool aluminum and metallic-painted outter shells like the A700 and A900, that'd be cool

Maybe it's just me, or pictures don't do the A900s justice, but the A500s look a lot better in my opinion, I like their simplicity.
600smile.gif

Apr 20, 2004 at 4:20 AM Post #7 of 19
omg, when you said that thing about seeing the headphones by looking left and right...i cant stop looking at them :p
the wings on the top of the headphones mess up my hair
frown.gif

it presses it down so it looks like i have to ditches in my head lol

Apr 20, 2004 at 4:39 AM Post #9 of 19
The thing that makes these headphones look big is not so much the part that goes around your ears, but the the headband bit. The wiry band sticks up a fair bit and makes you look like an alien.

Apr 20, 2004 at 5:56 AM Post #10 of 19
i acutally like the support bands on ATs, i think they looks cool
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2004 at 6:08 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Maybe it's just me, or pictures don't do the A900s justice, but the A500s look a lot better in my opinion, I like their simplicity.
600smile.gif

It's hard to photograph the A900... it has a dark blue aluminum finish that shines differently depends on the environmental lights... it has a much more refined finish, and just overall quality than the A500. However, when photographed in bad light, all you see is either a big glare spot (from reflection) or super dark surface (not enough light)...

You can't quite get the full effect of that aluminum finish... it's just hard.

Apr 20, 2004 at 6:14 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone
It's hard to photograph the A900... it has a dark blue aluminum finish that shines differently depends on the environmental lights... it has a much more refined finish, and just overall quality than the A500. However, when photographed in bad light, all you see is either a big glare spot (from reflection) or super dark surface (not enough light)...

You can't quite get the full effect of that aluminum finish... it's just hard.

But they sure look damned nice in person!
biggrin.gif

BTW why is there no A-T smiley, or Beyer for that matter?

Apr 23, 2004 at 2:34 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

you could paint them.
cool.gif

I imagine there's room for a small mural on the A500 cups.

Okay, maybe painting them would be bad.....

Apr 23, 2004 at 4:07 PM Post #15 of 19
I also received my pair on Wednesday, and they're fantastic... =)) However, they only have around 25 hours of burn-in yet, and I hope they'll improve with more burn-in...

For now, I'm trying to visit Head-Fi as little as possible, so I don't go and purchase another pair of cans before it's the right time. When the time comes tho, I'll be back with another thread... =))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back