Just got KSC75! one small thing that needs fixing...
Jun 9, 2007 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

tazzydnc

New Head-Fier
I have to say I'm quite impressed with them. I gotta say they definately lived up to the hype. One thing - they have a tendency to tangle easily. They don't have one of those slider things like many earbuds do to keep the wires separate. Anyone know how I could mod these phones and put on one of those things? or something that will do the job?

Thanks.

Jun 9, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #3 of 12
I guess if you have one of those sliders, you could just desolder each headphone, slide the slider on, and resolder. Otherwise, something like a very small velcro cable wrap would be ideal. I don't know of any that small. I guess another option would just be electrical tape wrapped a couple times around tightly, sticky side out, followed by a couple, sticky side in.

Jun 9, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #4 of 12
hmm well I'm not that technical so the electrical tape sounds good. Thanks!

Jun 9, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #5 of 12
Get them recabled by Alex at apuresound.com very nice and will not tangle up. I just got mine back and I am floored. Very nice sound and beautiful to look at. And I GOT MINE IN A FEW DAYS instead of several weeks!

Jun 9, 2007 at 7:15 AM Post #7 of 12
Here's a cheap idea: Use a zip tie, zip it to where it will control the wires and yet keep it snug enough, then chop off the extra plastic!

Jun 9, 2007 at 9:58 AM Post #8 of 12
Zip ties have sharp edges though so be careful with that.

Jun 9, 2007 at 1:00 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get them recabled by Alex at apuresound.com very nice and will not tangle up. I just got mine back and I am floored. Very nice sound and beautiful to look at. And I GOT MINE IN A FEW DAYS instead of several weeks!

how much did alex ask for the mod? Looks very nice!

Jun 10, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what a very expensive solution!
tongue.gif

Jun 10, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronmtorres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what a very expensive solution!
tongue.gif

Expensive is a matter of opinion. 100 bucks is like stripper money, nobody is going to miss it. I have some nice sounding KSC's, there is a 75 OHM resistor installed, They look great, and yes I would do this again.

Jun 10, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jodokus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how much did alex ask for the mod? Looks very nice!

With the 75 OHM resistor recabled and shipping it was 106 bucks. They look better in person and the craftsmanship is AWESOME!. Once he got them it was less then a week he sent them back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back