Just got into the band "The Knife", got some questions if anyone knows.
Dec 18, 2008 at 3:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

moogoob

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey all, my brother recently got me into this Swedish band. Very weird electropop with vocals vaguely reminiscent of Bjork.

Anyways, I've got a few questions I thought I'd see if anyone here knew the answer to.

1) Who is that guest vocalist on You Take my Breath Away?

2) I take it Olaf does all the creepy, deep male vocals? Unless they just pitch-shifted Karin... which I wouldn't put past them.
tongue.gif

3) Does anyone but me have a problem with noise in certain tracks on Silent Shout? It's not every track... once I get home I'll give a listen and let you know which ones. I have the CD release that came in the 3-disc set.

Dec 18, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #3 of 18
I have no issues with weird noise on silent shout. I love that album though. Has lots of neat 3D effects on phones. Sorry I can't help with the noise.

Dec 18, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no issues with weird noise on silent shout. I love that album though. Has lots of neat 3D effects on phones. Sorry I can't help with the noise.

I'll have to have another listen when I get home. It's literally noise- static, in other words, and it is noticeable even over the music unless it's quite loud. I think it could be from one of their pieces of equipment... most of the album sounds great, though.

Also, thanks for providing answers to my other questions, Virometal.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 18, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #6 of 18
Lol it'll be entertaining, I'm sure.
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
=
Yes, the male vocs are Olof. Sorry, can't help on the last one.

hm, I remember hearing Karin did all vocals. not sure what the source on that was thought
I'll rewatch the live DVD sometime and check it out

the have some great music videos too, check them out moogoob

Dec 18, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #8 of 18
I have no trouble with noise on my CD.

Excellent band. Id also be interested to see where this leads you...

Dec 18, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no trouble with noise on my CD.

Excellent band. Id also be interested to see where this leads you...

Hmm... weird. I'll try listening to it on another source too, maybe re-encoding it. I used Apple Lossless from iTunes.

I know about the "where this leads you" thing. First Enya, then Bjork, then Ladytron, then The Knife...
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the have some great music videos too, check them out moogoob

I know, I was watching the videos and live DVD that came with Silent Shout. Very nice (and trippy in the case of the live stuff), and decent SQ for a live album.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 18, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #11 of 18
oh nice, you got the special edition one.

man, I remember back in the day (am I allowed to use that phrase? as a 20 year old "back in the day" really only means 2 years ago) how rewarding it was to finally track down an imported copy of the Audio Visual Experience DVD

but then my girlfriend at the time scratched the disc so badly it didn't play anymore!
but then I bought the special edition silent shout so it's all good now

Dec 19, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #12 of 18
Yeah, I listened to the tracks again, and the hiss (there is a bit of hum too) is only slightly apparent but definitely part of the recording. I think one of their peices of equipment is causing it. Oh well, I can ignore it pretty easily.
smily_headphones1.gif

I took the time to watch their live DVD in its entirety yesterday night. Oh my was it weird!@!@
gs1000.gif
I think I'll watch it again tonight.
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #15 of 18
I'll check it out if it's anything like her work in The Knife.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, always glad to see a thread I started get bumped.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back