Just got iHP-140, so far, _not_ impressed
Apr 1, 2004 at 5:09 AM Post #121 of 122
Quote:

Originally posted by sanvara
I think one thing that has been overlooked is the remote on the iHP-140. It's fantastic. Yes, I know some people don't use remotes but I do and this baby does it all. The Ipod remote is useless in comparison. The iHP-140 remote lets you move through all your files and folders with ease. I absolutely love it.

Not overlooked, just understated. As i said before, i speaks for itself if you look at pictures of it. It is the only remote that allows full control of the DAP. In fact, I am finding it more agreeable to control the iHP from the remote, then from the main unit itself. The remote has scroll-wheel like selector switches, very similiar to the Nomad Zen Xtra's. Much easier to use than the player's joystick, IMO. They do feel cheap, but they work.

And, get this. The little remote actually displays more characters in one line while browsing. 14. Only 3 lines, but greater width is more useful anyway.

Apr 1, 2004 at 5:45 AM Post #122 of 122
Quote:

Originally posted by austonia
And, get this. The little remote actually displays more characters in one line while browsing. 14. Only 3 lines, but greater width is more useful anyway.

The player displays 14 characters as well.

I do think it would be nice if there was a firmware update to give the user the option of turning off the icons (such as the file folder icon) so that more charcters can be displayed. I think I will e-mail them that as a suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back