Just got bowl pads...
Dec 10, 2009 at 1:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

unl3a5h3d

500+ Head-Fier
I just got my bowl pads for my MS1i's and wow. First off the headphones have had about 250 hours, give or take, and they sound better and better.

I originally had the comfies that they came with and I thought they were pretty good but I felt that the bass was slightly muffled and the highs were all over the place.

I just put on my bowl pads and am listening to Beck now. And I must say they have made a significant difference. I can't believe I listened to those crappy pads for so long lol. The bass really tightened up and sound much better and for the highs they sound so much better. The are in sync with everything.

And all of this is from a stock sound card, I can't wait until Christmas when I get my DAC and LD 1+. Things can only go up from here.

I just thought I would give my little 2 cents. Oh and the SR325 headband made a big difference in comfort from the stock vinyl, I recommend it to anyone who can get a hold of one.

Dec 10, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree totally. I put bowls on my MS1i and never looked back.

Have you given them a good wash with soap and water yet? Helps to break them in as they are incredibly uncomfortable new.

Not yet, I did this to my comfies though. I will be doing it when I find time.

Dec 10, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #5 of 7
same here, when I got my bowls, it made quite a difference. The sound was less muddled, but I guess doing the quarter mod would do the same thing, but bowls make it more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back