Just got back from The Vines/Jet show
Mar 27, 2004 at 7:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Shurenuff

100+ Head-Fier
Jet was pretty good, but The Vines, well, lets just say that was interesting. They came out, and sang about 6 terrible ballads in a row. Needless to say, they were literally booed off the stage. They finally came back 5-10 minutes (the lead singer mentioned that he was ill
rolleyes.gif
) later and finished out the show. A good portion of the audience left during their set. Major bomb of a show on their part.
mad.gif

Mar 27, 2004 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 5
That suscks. I was considering going to the show when it comes through Michigan. Thanks for the heads-up.

Mar 27, 2004 at 6:43 PM Post #3 of 5
They do a lot of sort of ballady kind of stuff. I'm surprised that they would start out with it, however. Go figure....what happened to "Highly Evolved"??

Apr 4, 2004 at 3:21 AM Post #4 of 5
Ouch. So much for their wild stage show. I'm not hearing much good news about them in the press, which is a shame. I really like their latest album, pretty much top to bottom. Despite the cool reviews, I think there are a couple of irresistable songs, and a solid list of others. I say solid compared to say White Stripes - Elephant. The ballads give this album a touch of easy listening-ness, but the fantastic production is so easy on the ears anyway. I think this is the best sounding rock album i have.

These guys sort of remind me of STP in that hook-laden, crunchy guitar kind of way. If that makes them a guillty pleasure like STP then I'm not ashamed to admit it
redface.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Also, this album's arrival really suits this time of year for me. This is the kind of stuff I like in the Spring.

Apr 4, 2004 at 10:18 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by elrod-tom
They do a lot of sort of ballady kind of stuff. I'm surprised that they would start out with it, however. Go figure....what happened to "Highly Evolved"??

Truthfully, while I think both bands are ok, I'm not their biggest fan in the world, so I'm not that familiar with all of their songs. And while I enjoy ballads as much as the next guy, these were performed terribly. They opened the set with absolutely no energy at all. He sounded like a dying animal that needed to be put down. While he may have been sick, that was one of the worst performances that I've ever seen, and I think half the fans in attendance would agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back