JUST GOT BACK FROM LIVING IN JAPAN
Jan 29, 2017 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mms6

Head-Fier
And came back to North America with 3 brand new pairs of Sony CD-900ST cans.

2 of them courtesy of Bic Camera (Waited 3 weeks for them to do special order), and 1 from Ishibashi Music via Amazon.co.jp

So far running them straight off a TASCAM multitrack audio workstation (my music library is on this computer), sounds really good except for some of the highs..

Running straight off a iPod Touch 5G with a quarter inch to 3.5mm JVC (MIJ) adapter, sounds pretty good.

These cans are easily driven, and the bass (especially the mid bass is accentuated)

Bass and mids sounds similar to my Shure SRH840s, but with better headband build quality

(My SRH840s got replaced 2 times over the 2 years warranty.. Right side of the plastic headband adjustment housing keeps on getting loose and cracking.)

THOUGH, the SRH840s preformed slightly better in the higher end range.

Anyone else wants to chime in?

Like my AKG Q701 soft mod, I am looking to mod these CD-900STs as well.. I am open to all types of mods as I got a couple of them, and they are pretty cheap, ~$135 USD Brand New

Anyone got suggestions?

Feb 1, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #2 of 2
SHUre SRH line are well known for the defect you had. Amazon is full of complaints. They were nice enough to replace my SRH 940"s twice free of charge off warranty and they paid for shipping. I don't even think they repaired mine it's probably cheaper to replace them. I've resolved to use them but not to move the cups down .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back