Just got an iPod Video - need portable amp & cable(?)
Oct 31, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #16 of 20
I use the line out on my iPod Classic to RCA, the click wheel DOES NOT control the volume on the line out dock connector.

Nov 3, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #18 of 20
Found further ramblings in Ipodlounge forums about the lack of a true line-out now on 6th gen Ipods. They are still saying "clickwheel still controls volume etc.

Well - I now have my Qables cable - have got it connected from ipod dock/socket on bottom into a Pocketamp 2v2/ GovibeV7 - can catagorically confirm that clickwheel does NOT operate/change volume. Sound (IMHO) is excellent - am now experimenting with various headphones,bitrates etc. Thanks again to JDN!

Nov 3, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by druelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're right, replaygain just adds a tag, but it's my understanding that the stock iPod firmware can't read replaygain info. With mp3gain it alters the container of the MP3 (or something like that). It doesn't normalize/transcode, but it is a destructive process, so make backups and be careful. Again, I'm not 100% positive, as it's been awhile since I read up on mp3gain, so you may want to check it out: http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net I believe is the site.

I believe it stores a tag in APEv2 format which contains all the information to undo the gain adjustments. Whether or not that's destructive, I don't know. (Destructive means you can't get the data back, right? So no, it wouldn't be destructive in that sense.)

Nov 4, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sub $100? nothing beats Go-Vibe V6 in that range. In fact GV6 can be purchased for less than $60 now.

Although this guy is probably right (At least makes a very valid point), I really like the Cute Beyond, firestone Audio's product line. Its a little more than $100 USD(I think 125$? If I remember correctly..) but the quality difference with my Ipod is incredible. I was honestly shocked at how much of a difference, things I could never hear before I could hear now. I even really have crappy headphones to be truthful, Im looking to upgrade on those now (if anyone has some suggestions I would love to hear?)
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back