Just got an iPod, now what to do with iBuds?
Dec 28, 2010 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

notmuchcash

100+ Head-Fier
I was thinking I'd change the gain jumpers on my PD XM4 and crank it up to 11. Anyone else got anything in case that fails to kill them?

They aren't even fit to give away

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #2 of 12

Quote:
I was thinking I'd change the gain jumpers on my PD XM4 and crank it up to 11. Anyone else got anything in case that fails to kill them?

just chuck them somewhere deep in your drawer, never know when your back up back up back up phones will break

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #3 of 12
I'm thinking I'll start off the playlist with We Hate You, Please Die by Crash and the Boys.

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
Quote:

just chuck them somewhere deep in your drawer, never know when your back up back up back up phones will break

I'll just wear some of my full size and have people look at me like what's wrong with that guy.... As usual.

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #5 of 12

Quote:

but those things are built like tanks...no issues yet after a year of sitting in my drawer

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #6 of 12

Quote:

If that doesn't work, find a Schiit Lyr, and pump it to the max. 6 watts should melt those little earbuds.

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #7 of 12
Played a few minutes through them.... It's giving me a headache, so I'll work on it some more later

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #9 of 12
Dec 28, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #10 of 12
Just leave them in the ipod box, maybe someday you want to sell your ipod or something, then you want a package as complete as possible, a possible buying noob could care for included ibuds

Dec 28, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #12 of 12
If you have a home amp (receiver), vintage is better, plug in the phones and turn the knob up to max. Although that might destroy the amp first...
Or: hook it up to them speaker posts. I know a guy who dries his K501 out of the speaker posts of his receiver.
Or use them as a flail or somethin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back