Just got an Iphone 3G, what are you guys/gals using headphones wise?
May 1, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #16 of 20
At this point sounds like i cant go wrong with those $50 range ne7m's but i really do appreciate all the input from everyone here
smily_headphones1.gif

Now to search google a bit to find a place to get them from at a decent price...

Bill

May 1, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #17 of 20
I use the NE-7m with my Iphone and I am very happy. Read the reviews on the NE-7M and the new Apple dual driver. From the reviews they seem to be just as good but have a very different sound. If memory serves me right the Ne-7m is on the warm side with great low end and the Apple excelling more up top. I have never heard the Apple IEM's as yet so I cannot give you a direct comparison. To be honest I am so happy with the Ne-7m that I am not curious.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by FTLOSM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At this point sounds like i cant go wrong with those $50 range ne7m's but i really do appreciate all the input from everyone here
smily_headphones1.gif

Now to search google a bit to find a place to get them from at a decent price...

Bill

The Ne-7m is really good for $50. I liked the Apple dual driver one for $80 more than the NE-7m. They have much better clarity.

The Ne-7m have more bass if that is you cup of tea.

You can't go wrong with either. They are different but both good for the money in their own right.

May 6, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #19 of 20
Well after this search started I got into the closet here to see what I had that I could use besides the apple supplied headphones (at least for music) since nothing I have has a mic on it.

I came across 3 sets of these (new in black pouches) I honestly don't even remember where I got them, musta been some super clearance deal, but they are decent earbuds now that I opened a pair!
dsc25071726.jpg

I searched the web a bit and am 99% sure they are Creative EP - 630's (anyone know if there are other models of these that look the same shell wise?)
Shop Creative Headphones: Aurvana Headphones, Fatal1ty Gaming Headsets, Creative Earphones

Also ran across a set of sennheiser mx500's (altho i knew i had those) just never use them, more of a bud type vs in ear style and i quickly found i don't care for that fit.

Even came across an old set of awia x815's I had when I was a kid! They still sound decent altho they are in bad shape earpad wise.. (jus worn).

apparently I have lots of headphones i forgot buying, (yeah im bad),
Senn 555,
Senn HD 201,
Senn 485,
Radioshack Pro 35A,
3 pair of those creatives
Senn mx500
Senn px100

and now the nuforce ne-7m's that came today

dsc25081727.jpg

Ok down to what to use with iPhone, of course since i pulled all this stuff out I had to play a bit with the iphone to see what sounded best...

Thinking portability, I tried the mx500's they aren't bad just dont like the earbud fit, so so overal.

Tried the creatives that I have 3 sets of (and am still not 100% on model), those actually rocked, im gonna have to start using these for my creative zen and stone here...

Tried the nuforce and yep they are a nice jump from the apple buds, and again a jump from the creatives too, especially in the bass end of things for iphone and of course for the mic so these are a great choice (thanks for all the recommendations).

The click feature of them is a bit mushy (not nice and easy to feel and confirm) but it works. I went into the settings of iphone and played with the different EQ modes, I ended up setting it on Rock for now (was listening to some Chris Daughtry and Styx, Queen), but depending on what I listedn to I will mess with the different iPhone eq's for sure..

Thanks again everyone for the help and suggestions, geez now i see why my wife gets a bit funky when I order yet another set of headphones...

Bill
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #20 of 20
Also found/dug out my old PAV2 Headphone amp from Gary at electric-avenues.com, gonna have to charge it up and mess with it a bit later tonight on all these old headphone sets I have laying around...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back