Just got a Zune...and all is verrry good!
Oct 19, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #31 of 36
ill add some wishful thinking to this thread... i was gonna get a zune, but found an x5 for a decent price new.... shoulda went with the Zune. Myabe. I do kinda like lossless though.

Oct 20, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #32 of 36
Mine is definitely growing on me, now that I've figured out its quirks with organizing music and the software. It's outside on the balcony for a party right now.. the interface, design, and SQ definitely make it stand out of the sea of mediocre DAP's.

Oct 20, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #33 of 36
I got a Zune, but I have to replace the mainboard on it. I'll hopefully get it fixed up just for the firmware release.

Quote:

ill add some wichful thinking to this thread... i was gonna get a zune, but found an x5 for a decent price new.... shoulda went with the Zune. Myabe. I do kinda like lossless though.

Lossless is going to be added to the new firmware update.

Oct 20, 2007 at 12:12 PM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't work the restoring and formatting. Will disassembly the thing and look inside. Next step before getting something else or a new one on ebay.

If you determine that it is the hard drive, there's an article on engadget that tells you how to replace it with an identically sized 40 gigger.

Oct 20, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #35 of 36
Well, if you look around, you'll find that its possible to put up to a 100GB drive in your Zune. There's some threads around where a kid put to 80GB drives back to back, and created a custom housing for it. But unfortunately the drives a tad on the expensive side.

Oct 20, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you determine that it is the hard drive, there's an article on engadget that tells you how to replace it with an identically sized 40 gigger.

it was the battery. It's a common issue. My Zune is working after I got a 850mah battery for iPod on ebay 2 months ago...

You can use dual-platter harddrive if you feel like doing it...check www.rapidrepair.com for the picture guide. There are more guides on YouTube on how to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back