Just got a Panasonic 570 from Ubid.com
Jun 30, 2003 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Roy2001

100+ Head-Fier
$33 shipped, refurbished, probably no remote control, 90 day dealer warranty. I am not sure if it is a good deal.

I am also searching a Sony D-35. From what I heard, D-35 is better than 570. But 570 might be the best sounding PCDB since year 2000.

Jul 1, 2003 at 6:36 AM Post #2 of 8
That's a good deal. Pair it with MX400 ,500 or Sony 888 will make a great portable. 570 also has upgraded antishock sytem which doesn't degrade sound quality (10 sec ESP).

Jul 1, 2003 at 6:40 AM Post #3 of 8
The D-35 is much more powerful, but keep in mind it's a tabletop player. By that I mean, since it has no skip protection, don't expect to be able to use it while moving.

The SL-CT570 is regarded as one of the best modern pcdps with antishock though..

Jul 9, 2003 at 3:48 AM Post #4 of 8
Finally it arrived, but d@mn, is it from Panasonic? Lot of scratches and dent. It was made in Japan and refurbished in Mexico. But it is manufacturer refurbished, I supposed it is good, but it is not. Either some bad guy abused it and return it to Panasonic which I think impossible. So the only way to make a refurbished product like that is to abuse it while refurbish it. Fortunately it is working. I never get a refurbished product like that.
mad.gif

Jul 11, 2003 at 1:55 AM Post #6 of 8
The 570 also comes with 40 second skip protection. I bought mine here on headfi with accesories ------in mint condition for a hair over 2x what you paid. Sometimes a guy gets lucky on a refurb but usually they know what they are selling and how to price it. The $33 was a heads up as to condition. Or another way to look at it is you usually get what you pay for,unless it happens to be a friend,or a headfi member. A cheap lesson to learn but none the less,a bumber. Hope it functions for a long time to come since it is a good source. The 4 eq. has its place on different cd's also. Good luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2003 at 3:04 AM Post #7 of 8
Thanks guys!

It works fine, and even I return it, I can hardly find one. So I decide to keep it. But I really feel disappointed that refurbished product from Pananonic looks so TERRIBLE.

In addition, when the optical pickup is moving, for example, from track 10 to 1 (power down), I hear the noise, is it normal?

$33 is still not bad as I am pretty happy with the sound quality. I probably will get a D-303 soon. My question is, will 303 be way betternthan 570?

Thanks.
Roy

Jul 11, 2003 at 3:15 AM Post #8 of 8
I assume that is normal. Mine does the same thing and I never thought anything about it. I figured it was the head drive motor. I could be wrong with my terminology or totally wrong and it shouldn't make any noise at all. I do however think it is normal and someone will correct me if it shouldn't sound that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back