Just got a new pc? Make it FAST!
Nov 25, 2004 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Guust-Fi

100+ Head-Fier
Just want everybody to know how great these guides are. My pc wasn't that slow at all but it sure makes a difference. My pc starts in at least half the time it did before and I really didn't have alot of spyware etc. Everything runs so smooth. Be carefull though, these guides include registry tweaking etc. If you don't know what your doing, ASK before you try it. I'll post some benchmarking results (before - after) later...

ATI card optimisation
Anti alias and anisotropic filtering guide
XP optimisation
System optimisation

Nov 25, 2004 at 6:59 PM Post #2 of 2
The information is very good but I would recommend thinking about each piece of advice instead of following their guide blindly. I've done all of the Microsoft Windows XP tweaks and their hardware tweaks do not really pertain to my Toshiba Satellite 1405-S171 notebook PC. However, it is a good rule of thumb reference for me in the future when I need to build my own desktop PC.

I think they could explain things further instead of "for security reasons." I am extremely pro-security conscious and further explanations, if logical and common sense, would be of great use to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back