Just got a Krama and is there a promblem with it?
Jan 30, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #4 of 20
Good to hear
smily_headphones1.gif
The Karma is a great player and I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Jan 31, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #5 of 20
I open it take a look inside, everything look fine except that the battery pack was attached by two wires and it was just kinda of hanging there. If i were to put the screen face up it would hang down on the two wires. Is there sappose to be anything that connect the pack to the back of the player? I had the sliver part of the case and it went on and, it would still move. I then put the back rubber picece back on and it still moved, then i tried pressing on that pieace and it was fine. Is there something missing back there?Anything i can do to fix it myself?

Jan 31, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #6 of 20
Yes battery just hangs there. The back part of the case is what holds the battery in place. You can see the padding and the battery sits in there snuggly. yes I just fixed my scroll wheel over the weekend.
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2006 at 4:00 AM Post #8 of 20
If it's still under warrnaty I'd go for that. You might have to wait but at least if something major happens (like your hard drive dies) then you'll get a replacement rather than having to buy a new part yourself.

Jan 31, 2006 at 4:21 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by baselinebruiser
so are u saying i should try to put something in the back to fix it myself?

The exact opposite. If I was sending it back for warranty myself I'd have never have opened it at all. If you open it and shove something in there then if anything else goes wrong you've voided your warranty. Even if the other problem isn't connected they can still turn arround and charge you for parts and repairs as companies will always look for a way out of a warranty. Just send it back and let them put in whatever padding it needs and send it back to you.

Quite apart from that clearly whoever refurbished that player did a sloppy job so I wouldn't be too confident in how well the rest of it was put together. As such getting a replacement, or even if they just repair it, having it checked over again by someone else would be good.

Jan 31, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #11 of 20
Karma is POS.
People have glorified it for no reason.
It was ahead of its time , when it was released ,but does not stand anywhere now.
QUALITY CONTROL ALWAYS BEEN A PROBLEM WITH KARMA.
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 31, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by baselinebruiser
Yea then is the problem there is no padding there, is there anything i can use to put there instead?

What? The padding in mine was just little 1mm X 1mm squares of soft foamy padding. Is yours missing this?

Jan 31, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Otophonus
Karma is POS.
It was ahead of its time , when it was released ,but does not stand anywhere now.
evil_smiley.gif

Mine is still alive and kicken ass btw. have you ever had one?

Jan 31, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Otophonus
Karma is POS.
evil_smiley.gif

you sir, are an idiot.

Jan 31, 2006 at 7:41 AM Post #15 of 20
I loved my Karma to death back when it was still alive and kicking. The infamous hard-drive problem kicked in, and I was left with the best paperweight in the world.

If you're sending it back in for repair, don't do anything to it. It will void your warranty and you'll be SOL if the problem wasn't the lack of foam (or if the real problem hasn't shown its ugly mug yet). Keep it somewhere safe until the box comes, then send it off and hope they don't find out you opened it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back