Just goes to show you how well bose advertises...
Feb 25, 2006 at 11:21 AM Post #16 of 33
Can we stop all there bose flame threads, we all know they suck and are bad quality, we all know they will break if you sneeze on them and we all know that anyone who sez the triports are better than the PX-100s should be tied to a steak and burnt
tongue.gif
. Oh, and We all know that anyone that sez they can run K1000s unamped from an ipod (and sounding good) is blowing gas out their rear end. So stop all these bose flame threads, it is getting kinda repetitive. Rather than all these thread about the sukiness of bose and their ignorant followers, make an official stiky about them and let everyone have thier say, and when all the anger has been released close the thread so we can have no more bose threads and more 580 vs 600 threads. Ahhhhh *takesbreath*
580smile.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 11:28 AM Post #17 of 33
Yeah. Take a deep breath and let the fury settle. Leave Bose alone. The recent number of Bose-bashing threads is rediculous. The Triports aren't actually that bad. They are high underated, but highly overpriced. If you can afford them, then go ahead. They are a comfortable pair of closed cans with a very coloured, unatural sound. Let's leave it at that.

Feb 25, 2006 at 11:39 AM Post #18 of 33
Actualy they are Highly Rated, why do you think we try to convert so many away from them, its just they are Underated HERE. And that im sorry to say is probably where it counts. They take advantage of non Audiophiles and MAKE them think they are the best. I dont know about you but that sounds like properganda to me.

Feb 25, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
wow, you really are gay!

LOL.....don't get nasty
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeeeMeS
Depends on the player's onboard amp
my ipod can drive my k1000s without external amp

That's just to show that you don't have one can claiming that you do....

Feb 25, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #23 of 33
I believe Oistrakh's trying to achieve a Guinness World Record for p*ssing off Head-Fi, the ACLU, Ang Lee, and Focus On the Family simultaneously, all in one post.

But seriously, Bose's marketing campaigns are slick, futuristic, and attractive. The marketing dept. (and the appearance dept.) do their job fantastically. No real-world person would think of finding an Audio-Technica, let alone finding one to try out against a Triport. For a realistic perspective, imagine being a computer speaker buyer looking at the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 ($130-170) and Bose Companion 3 (nearly always $250). Would he go for an ugly, bulky-looking, little-advertised Klipsch or a sleek, silver Bose that touts "premium, crystal-clear sound" and has nifty features like a touch-activated power switch? Average Joe would well choose the $70+ price premium of the Bose.

BTW, I was in this situation...chose the ugly Klipsch...Oh well, the black color blends with my Xbox. The sound quality was fuller than the Bose, and the subwoofer make the room shake while playing Half-Life 2. They were good for music, too, or at least until I bought the uglier Sennheiser HD 497.

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
wow, you really are gay!

very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibo
Can we stop all there bose flame threads, we all know they suck and are bad quality, we all know they will break if you sneeze on them and we all know that anyone who sez the triports are better than the PX-100s should be tied to a steak and burnt
tongue.gif
. Oh, and We all know that anyone that sez they can run K1000s unamped from an ipod (and sounding good) is blowing gas out their rear end. So stop all these bose flame threads, it is getting kinda repetitive. Rather than all these thread about the sukiness of bose and their ignorant followers, make an official stiky about them and let everyone have thier say, and when all the anger has been released close the thread so we can have no more bose threads and more 580 vs 600 threads. Ahhhhh *takesbreath*
580smile.gif

Exactly. I don't really understand why people get this urge to talk crap about Bose at every possible opportunity.

Yeah, they aren't respected among hi-fi audio enthusiasts. Great. Everybody here knows that. They don't sound as good as heaphones a fraction of their price. Everybody here knows that, too. They break easily. Ditto. Honestly, I used to go around preaching to my friends about how horrible Bose is as both a business and a manufacturer of headphones.. and it wasn't until not too long ago that I realized how sheepish that really is. If you're really bent on turning somebody who views Bose as the best thing out there, just have him demo a pair of your headphones - if he still prefers Bose for whatever reason, leave him alone. Don't call him an idiot, don't call him ignorant, don't try to force him into anything.

Just give it a break.. let people listen to whatever they want to listen to.

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewgriff
But seriously, Bose's marketing campaigns are slick, futuristic, and attractive. The marketing dept. (and the appearance dept.) do their job fantastically. No real-world person would think of finding an Audio-Technica, let alone finding one to try out against a Triport. For a realistic perspective, imagine being a computer speaker buyer looking at the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 ($130-170) and Bose Companion 3 (nearly always $250). Would he go for an ugly, bulky-looking, little-advertised Klipsch or a sleek, silver Bose that touts "premium, crystal-clear sound" and has nifty features like a touch-activated power switch? Average Joe would well choose the $70+ price premium of the Bose..

Just for some perspective, this has always been the case with Hi-Fi. In the late fifites Hi-Fi was pretty much just for hobyists. You put together separates, a speaker, or maybe two (it was practically all mono then) and a turntable and, maybe, a reel-to-reel. But the hobyists weren't the only ones buying records. You had a lot crap equipment then. People who weren't inclined to put together their own system bought "console" systems, where everything, speakers, amp, turntable, etc., was in one piece of furniture. This was especially true when stereo came along. And think of all those crappy portable "stereos" that so many of us got in the late sixties, early seventies. They tore the s**t out of LPs with their 1lb tracking force, but what did we know? It has always taken some effort (and cost) to pursue hi-fi, and a whole lot of education.

Feb 25, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by wowie11
Um...did you just say that your iPod drove your K1000's well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unearthed
Yah...he did.
rolleyes.gif

Don't knock it unless you have a pair of K1000s and have tried driving it straight out of the iPod
It drives them to listen'able levels

My quote: "Depends on the player's onboard amp
my ipod can drive my k1000s without external amp"
Can the ipod drive the K1000s to listenable levels? YES
I'm not blowing hot air, I have K1000s and I have an iPod
I tried driving the K1000s straight from the iPod... it works
I state my findings, and you guys **** all over it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesp
That's just to show that you don't have one can claiming that you do....

pfffffft
You are 100% wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong

attachment.php

Need more proof?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back