Just go a D2 and now I need some IEMs
Jun 19, 2007 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

hypr

New Head-Fier
I just go the cowon D2 and I need some IEMs. I'm looking at the following

E2c, E3c, E4c from shure. I'm willing to spend the money for the E4c, but only if it is significantly better than the other two. So which should I get?

Jun 19, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #2 of 16
What type of music you listen if it's rock, techno, pop, hip hop/rap then SF5pro are great because it has deep tight bass and overall warm and very clr. If you listen vocal, jazz, classical ect then E4c are good but i think Shure replaces with SE310 which has more refind bass and highs.

Jun 19, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #3 of 16
Cowon D2 Rocks...It is by far the best flash based player...Id get one if it wasnt flash based...lol..because even with the 4gb version you are limited to 12gb with an 8gb car which is going to cost just as much as the player...lol...

But props to that...and if your looking for an IEM, just give the e3cs a try...depending on your price point.

Jun 19, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #4 of 16
to be honest I listen to every kind of music. I do concentrate more on rock, but in reality it's everything. Also the E4c isn't that much more than the E3c so I could go for those if they are worth it.

Jun 19, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #5 of 16
I beleive if you listen almost all genre music then E4c or SE310 are great and these are much better E3c. If you compare side by side and you will see the big difference in overall clarity, prestation and soundstage. But i think SE310 are better than E4c because it's new and little improved over E4c.

Jun 19, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #6 of 16
I'm using the Futuresonics Atrio M5 with my D2, they are a great combination. See the M5 thread for better details on sound. They produce an amazing bass sound and great mids and highs, better than any iem i have owned or heard.

As for the post on price of memory, i can get a 8gb sd card for a quarter of the price i paid for the player, so to make a 12gb player it is only price of player plus £40 for the extra 8gb.

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #7 of 16
Wouldn't memory cards be less expensive if purchased after shopping around online, rather than buying them in an electronics store?

Also, listen to Zarim here -- avoid the E3s ... they're OK, but I've been disappointed by them (admittedly, they sound better to me out of players that EQ well, as your Cowon would and my Rios do, unlike iPods ... but Shure makes better products than the E3s, so why not get something better, if you can afford to?).

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by McCol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using the Futuresonics Atrio M5 with my D2, they are a great combination. See the M5 thread for better details on sound. They produce an amazing bass sound and great mids and highs, better than any iem i have owned or heard.

IMO, most definately get the Future Sonics Atrio M5's. Most amazing sound from an IEM I've heard. They handle all kinds of music and have a great range. They sound great unamped through my 5G 80gb iPod.

Jun 19, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #9 of 16
hmm I'll look into the Future Sonics Atrio M5's. Although I have found the E4c's for around $190 on amazon. The merchant is Electronica Direct, are they okay?

Jun 19, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #10 of 16
"The merchant is Electronica Direct, are they okay?"

I've bought at least one thing through them, and the experience went as it was supposed to.

Also, how much are the Atrios compared to the price shown for the E4s?

Jun 19, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBreaHead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"The merchant is Electronica Direct, are they okay?"

I've bought at least one thing through them, and the experience went as it was supposed to.

Also, how much are the Atrios compared to the price shown for the E4s?

They are pretty much the same price give or take $10-20. I am leaning more towards the E4c's though just because of the number of people who like them.

Jun 19, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #12 of 16
I used some e3's with my d2 and sold them. Not bassy enough for me and I had trouble getting a proper fit/seal with them. For that reason you may want to find a place locally that has them in stock so you can try 'em out first...
I haven't used the e4's but am quite happy with mu um2's.
Oh and don't underestimate the importance of proper tips - the shure black olive foamies and tri-flanges are my fav's.
Good luck!

Jun 20, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #13 of 16
I just read that apparently shure doesn't cover their earphones under their warranty unless you buy them from an authorized reseller...and there are only a handful of those which Electronica Direct is not one of

Jun 20, 2007 at 6:17 AM Post #14 of 16
They have the Atrio m5s on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/FutureSonics-Atr...QQcmdZViewItem
offer him $130 and he will accept!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back