Just found a old TT and bought a 1 buck vinyl ^^
Dec 3, 2003 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kenny12

1000+ Head-Fier
lol, i found this old turn table in my garage, and went to the nearest community store to look for any old classics that were tucked away, to my suprise i found Beethoven Symphony by new orchestral socity of boston in the corner and promptly bought it, 1 buck
rolleyes.gif
, anyway, came home and turn it on, yay it works!! first thing that suprised me is that the heads make sounds. and even without headphones, and putting ear close to those heads, i can say that it sounds more realistic than the same digital cd i've got. Pluged in my KSC-50
rolleyes.gif
, and experenced lots of cracks :S. the volume was a bit stuffed and tok a while to fix and then i found that when listing with both volumes the same
rolleyes.gif
, it sounded heaps better than digital, other than the background cracks...

My 2c on vinyl, gonna experemnt more, but i doult i'll be sucked into vinyl, the cracks are too annoying and i cant be bothered changing sides
rolleyes.gif

Dec 3, 2003 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 3
HI Kenny12,

A lot of the pops and ticks will go away with a good record cleaning. If a record is not scratched then what you are hearing is dirt and mold in the grooves. Once removed the album will sound like new. The changing sides thing cna be a little incinvenient but it is the way I grew up listening to music so I just accept that. CD is much more convenient in that realm.
I hope you have fun with you new find and that you will find some vinyl to your liking.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back