Just for the Old Guys Rule! Club...
Jul 21, 2009 at 1:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

billybob_jcv

Headphoneus Supremus
How many of you old space cadets remember "Major Matt Mason" from the late 1960's? I had ALL of the stuff you see in these two commercials - Major Matt, Sgt York, Captain Lazor, the cannon thing, the crawler, the space station & the jet pack. This is what it meant to be a kid during the Space Race!!!

YouTube - Major Matt Mason
YouTube - Major Matt Mason Commercial 1969

Man, I wish I still had all that stuff!

Jul 21, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by billybob_jcv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many of you old space cadets remember "Major Matt Mason" from the late 1960's? I had ALL of the stuff you see in these two commercials - Major Matt, Sgt York, Captain Lazor, the cannon thing, the crawler, the space station & the jet pack. This is what it meant to be a kid during the Space Race!!!

YouTube - Major Matt Mason
YouTube - Major Matt Mason Commercial 1969

Man, I wish I still had all that stuff!

I had all that stuff. (I even had two crawlers:wink: One just wasn't enough, I guess. Wonder what that stuff is worth on Ebay today?

Jul 21, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 9
Good question - I have no idea. All of my friends had GI Joe, I was the only weird space geek kid in my neighborhood. With my luck, they are probably worth a small fortune!

Jul 21, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #4 of 9
I'm 50 but don't remember the Mason stuff. I was more of a model kind of kid and had all the horror models....those things are worth a fortune on ebay...sigh.

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #5 of 9
I always hated animated science fiction of that ilk.

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #6 of 9
My older brother had some of those horror monster models, as well as a bunch of Rat Fink models. I built some Star Trek models, but in the 70's I was really into Estes model rockets.

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the cartoon might have come after the toys - I'll have to look that up. I really don't remember watching the cartoon. I do remember coloring books.

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm, I can't find any mention of an animated show associated with Major Matt Mason, which would explain why I don't remember watching anything like that. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your use of the term "animated"?

Jul 21, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #9 of 9
I definitely had a lot of the Matt Mason stuff, though not all of it. I loved the space station!
The movers stole several boxes of stuff from us, including those (boycott Mayflower!)
They also got my Legos, my hot wheels (with tons of track and accessories), and my Creepy Crawlies mold set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back