Just for Gaming Headphones?
Sep 24, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #16 of 24
Lol, I'm going to sell my K701's. Then I'm buying Closed Darth's with Bloodwood, 2.0m cable, BlackMax, 1/4" termination. So around $500!

Sep 24, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #17 of 24
They are worth $500 if the 701s are $350-400 new. I like Stax better but not by much. If I could afford 2 headphones I would get some Open Darths too.

Sep 24, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #18 of 24
My
k701's were still in my return period, so I got a full refund, I am going to order the Darth's today.

BTW, are the X-Deep Darth's the ones that look like boobies on your head, not planning on getting em, just curious.

Also, how heavy are the standard Darth V3's?

Sep 24, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #20 of 24
You don't really feel the standard Darths on your head once you have them on - maybe for head-banging you might feel that they're a bit heavy. Not neck-snappingly heavy, though.
wink.gif
I'll try and weigh them when I get home.

Darths are great for gaming. Now I just have to find a mic so that I can communicate during World in Conflict sessions. Leather pads are pretty comfy now that the temps have dropped a bit - and they're as good as the velour pads in terms of comfort once they've broken in. Plus, they look and smell so much better!

X-Deep are the one with the massive bulging cups (think DD to a regular Darth's C) and sometimes, they have the little nipples to hold on to for the covers. They're the best of the best of the Darths.

Do note that there will be a wait time before you get them - it takes a while before Larry can build them, because he has such a huge order line-up.

Sep 24, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't really feel the standard Darths on your head once you have them on - maybe for head-banging you might feel that they're a bit heavy. Not neck-snappingly heavy, though.
wink.gif
I'll try and weigh them when I get home.

Darths are great for gaming. Now I just have to find a mic so that I can communicate during World in Conflict sessions. Leather pads are pretty comfy now that the temps have dropped a bit - and they're as good as the velour pads in terms of comfort once they've broken in. Plus, they look and smell so much better!

X-Deep are the one with the massive bulging cups (think DD to a regular Darth's C) and sometimes, they have the little nipples to hold on to for the covers. They're the best of the best of the Darths.

Do note that there will be a wait time before you get them - it takes a while before Larry can build them, because he has such a huge order line-up.

Do the boobies cost a lot more?
biggrin.gif

Yeah I understand it'll take him awhile, I don't mind I've got some older Sennheiser's sitting around til I can get 'em. And with all the warnings about treating the cable gently in the FAQ, I'm now scared to use my clip-on mic with them on the cable as I *might* damage the wire, is that a valid concern or is he overexaggerating on how fragile these cables are?

And can you order the Darth Boobies when you order Deal 18, or do you have to wait til he's making a pair? (I'll only be ordering the boobies if they aren't a LOT more expensive.)

Sep 24, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #23 of 24
No there is only one pair of boobs. I think they were/are on the Fs recently. The extra deep cups are not an option unless Larry wants to do it on the deals page. They run around $700+

Sep 24, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #24 of 24
Ok, onto my cable question, will my clip-on mic damage the wire, or will it be fine? If it will damage them I'll just get a desktop mic.

My mic is a Zalman ZM-Mic 1 if anybody is curious, works great!

And I get home in about 2 hours I'll let you know when they've been ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back