Just for curiosity's sake, better earclip headphones than KSC75?
Jan 2, 2007 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Dregur

100+ Head-Fier
Just sorta curious of there are better sounding earclip headphones than the KSC75's?

I mean I'm spending hundreds of dollars on IEM's but sometimes you want the airness of open cans, and I was wondering if there is even an upgrade to the KSC75's with the earclip design. I dislike full size cans because I have naturally poofy hair...and hair band hair just looks weird.
wink.gif

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #4 of 14
I have a feeling those $180 Audio Technica woodie clipons sound better than the $30 KSC's, but I don't think a lot of people have tried the woodies...

Jan 2, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #5 of 14
I'm actually tempted to buy those. The reviews on these boards vary widely on the bass response on these phones. From total lacking to punchy, but not overwhelming. Hmm..need to find a place that has a good return policy. :p

Dang, just found them online for 120 bucks...bought. :p

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dregur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bought. :p

Man, what interesting 'phones. Please post impressions when you get a chance.

Jan 2, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #7 of 14
Sure, I'll compare them to my KSC75's with my LDM+ amp. Should be interesting. I'll be getting them on Thursday, hopefully J&R has a pretty good return policy if I don't like them. Of course, I might just keep them and show them off, because they look damn cool. :p

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2007 at 5:36 AM Post #8 of 14
Yeah. I am interested in this as well. I find the 75s sound great but leave a lot to be desired with the looks and comfort.

Do the other AT offereings sound the same as the high-end woodies product??

Jan 2, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #9 of 14
From what I've read, they all have a similar sound signature, with the EW9 being the "warmest" out of the three I was looking at. But all of earclip designed AT's all bass lean apparently.

Also, it seems from what people prefer out of the "big 3" of AT earlclips, it goes:

EW9 > EM9d > EM9r

But I, of course, haven't personally heard any of them myself, so take it as you will.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2007 at 7:40 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dregur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they look damn cool. :p

QFT. They're industrial art.

Jan 2, 2007 at 8:06 AM Post #12 of 14
My co-workers already think I'm crazy anyway (I bring quite a bit of portable audio equipment to work...because I can). Imagine when I show up to work with wooden headphones. Their first reactions are probably going to be,

"Whoa, those look cool..but..uh..why are they made of wood?"

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2007 at 8:44 AM Post #13 of 14
If there are better clip-ons than the KSC-75, I doubt many have heard them. If you do some quick searches on the forums, you'll find that clip-ons are rarely discussed, much less any appreciable variety of models.

Jan 2, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #14 of 14
Well, I think also that people don't like clip on's all that much, because at 120 bucks, people would go with k81DJ's instead. At 200 bucks, we're going into Grado/Senn territory. Also, the EW9's just recently went way down in price. In previous threads, they were going for 200 bucks, instead of the 120 I found at J&R.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back