Just done my biggest Wedding yet !
Aug 18, 2009 at 10:09 AM Post #31 of 44
Great images, very well done. (These are some good looking people, which must have helped!)

How do your clients come to you? Can you describe your marketing methods (although I'm sure your work speaks for itself)?

Aug 18, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #32 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, i myself is surprised how well these are turning out !

There is nothing wrong with just "covering weddings", I love shooting people and weddings are a perfect place for that, they dress up, they expect pics to be taken, they have a laugh, they smile and they enjoy themselves.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh I agree, didn't mean for it to come across as poutting down photographing weddings per se, I just think your talent could take you to a higher strata of earnings and recognition. You're photos would absolutely fit right into any high quality glossy I could care to mention.

They have "it".

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #39 of 44
I really like your style!

Can you describe your post-processing process & your workflow? Are you a Lightroom or Aperture advocate?

What's funny is that your very nice equipment has precious little to do with your excellent images. "You must have a really nice camera!" Sort of like saying that Springsteen must have a really nice guitar.
icon10.gif

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #40 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Linthicum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really like your style!

Can you describe your post-processing process & your workflow? Are you a Lightroom or Aperture advocate?

What's funny is that your very nice equipment has precious little to do with your excellent images. "You must have a really nice camera!" Sort of like saying that Springsteen must have a really nice guitar.
icon10.gif

Same as complimenting to Gordon Ramsey he has nice Pans
tongue.gif

Good tools helps you to get the shot, but the photographer will need to know HOW to get the shot in the first place.
smily_headphones1.gif

I do 100% of my processing in LR (even though i have a iMac). I merely adjust a few things, fix horizon tilt, a tiny bit of cropping when needed (a lot of my shots posted so far are as they are framed in camera), adjust colour balance, exposure, contrast etc...nothing out of the ordinary, and nothing KFC secret recipe about it at all. Although I think my iMac has helped, compared to my OLD screen, this has opened my eyes ! But i am not giving the screen credit, that's like saying nice plates
tongue.gif

Aug 22, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #43 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup. and I think it was the near 70mm end, hence the slight wobble.

Well, that lens is pretty heavy to hold still. So if lighting is not an issue, the IS on the 24-105 may be the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back