Just Call Me Etymotic Convert #23342
Apr 11, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #16 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty757
Amen. Newer is not always synonomous with better. The design for these things is what, a decade old? And IMHO, they blow the UE out of the water for detail and clarity.

LOL! In fact, the ER4S were first out in 1991. That's a solid 15 years ago. I can't believe no manufacturer has managed to produce an earphone in the same niche and price range that people can definitely say, "these are definitely better than the ER4S." in 15 years. The Super.Fi 5Pro and E4c come close, but still aren't decisively better than the ER4S. Imagine how good they were back in 1991.

Apr 11, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #19 of 44
Got to listen the E5C today. Was actually 'worse' than UM2 imo, even more bass
basshead.gif
and lack of detail. So, in short, I'm a really glad ER4 owner. Wouldn't wanna trade with any other non-custom IEM.

Apr 11, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #20 of 44
Man, im turning into an ety fanboy a little more every day. These things are simply incredible. I cant think of a single product I own that has held its ground over 15 years like these little buggers. Car designs come and go, can you even REMEMBER the computer you were using in the early 90s? I mean, its a real testament to this product. I guess etymotic really did their research (horrible pun definitely intended) when they made this one.

Apr 11, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #23 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by cconroy

Oh, and this is a bit OT, but I think you guys will find this amusing...I went on Amazon a few weeks ago and decided to see what people were saying about the Etys, a reviewer named "Laura" had this to say about the 4p: "Oh so pricey and about the same quality that the iPOD comes with. Sure, it works fine (even a little better than the iPOD standard earphones) but in no way is it worth the extra money."

She's comparing them to the stock buds? Well, what kind of audio does she appreciate? http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=UTF8&v=glance
because "These speakers work great, are affordable, and aren't they just the cutest little speakers you ever saw? "

Something tells me she's never been to Head-fi...or bothered to follow the etymoitc insertion instructions for that matter

ROFLMAO!

Apr 11, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #25 of 44
NM

Edited due to incorrect information.

Apr 12, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #26 of 44
My ER4Ps are like a breath of fresh clean air compared to the veiled sound of my UM1s. I'm using the tri-flanges but I'd like to try other options. Do the Shure tips work with no modifications? What other tips will fit?

Apr 12, 2006 at 11:15 PM Post #29 of 44
Im a huge ER-4 lover, but the 6i just plain didnt do it for me. I only auditioned once, so I never got a chance to put my finger on what was missing. I'd just save up a little more money and get the ER4

Apr 12, 2006 at 11:52 PM Post #30 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumx3
Is the ER6i a good idea of how the ER4S sounds or is it completely different?

The highs on the ER4S are much more extended and detailed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back