Just broke my week old Se530's :(
Jul 17, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #16 of 33
Sorry to hear!
I am sure Shure will replace them. Perhaps for a fee though..

Jul 17, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #18 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same thing happened to me a couple days ago except my headphones are much older. They're barely out of warranty and Shure wants somewhere around $180 to fix them.

For the same $180 you could have them remolded into customs, by either Null Audio or Unique Melody. If the drivers are fine, but the shell is damaged, remolding might be a good option.

EDIT: Null audio is $180. Unique Melody is closer to $90. (600 Chinese yuan)

Jul 17, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #19 of 33
Actually, this is a moment of opportunity. If you have really big cojones (and I mean big ones), you could improve both shells by ripping off the sound tubes and replacing them with the same length of stethoscopic tubing, which will have a larger diameter and open up the HF. I doubt you'll want to do something so extreme, but it would be fun with an older pair.

Jul 17, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilavideo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Before giving up all hope, contact Shure. I've heard amazing things about its customer service.

Agreed. For example, this thread.

Also, from my own experience, you can get Shure to replace damaged IEMs, even without a receipt (and, thus, having been bought from pretty much anybody). If you contact them, the representative may or may not reassure you of this. It seems to vary the story you get from their call center. I suggest you print and fill out their warranty claim form on their website, maybe write a letter explaining what happened and asking for warranty coverage, then send in those and the IEMs. Don't authorize a charge to your card on the claim form. At worst, they will send them back. But I say the odds are highly in your favor they will send you a brand new pair.

Jul 19, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #23 of 33
Ouch, sorry to hear about that. I just picked up some se530's from the For Sale forum a few days ago, now I will be paranoid about even opening the box!!

I hope Shure will help you out, they should if they are under warranty

Jul 19, 2009 at 12:06 PM Post #24 of 33
Ouch indeed. I really do hope you'll get lucky.

I have a question that has everything to do with this issue. I'm about to bite the bullet and order the SE530 myself from either Darjo Distributions, an order that will be fulfilled by Amazon.com, or from Price Grabber. Buying from Price Grabber is nearly $40 more expensive, but they specifically state that you get the official two year warranty. I even contacted them, asking about the warranty and they replied I would indeed have the full Shure warranty. That's reassuring. But then again, ordering from Sarjo Distributions is $40 cheaper. I've contacted them as well, asking about warranty. Somebody from Amazon answered my question, stating that I should contact Shure. I've done so, but have yet to hear from them.

What to do? As it seems now, Price Grabber would be the wiser, but more expensive choice. Any ideas?

Jul 19, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #25 of 33
I would just get them from Price Grabber to be honest, surely the forty dollars is worth it? I would pay that much if I knew I was going to definitely get the full Shure warranty. If Amazon are not 100% sure you will get the warranty I wouldn't take the risk, but that's just my opinion. If you think about it what is forty dollars when buying such expensive earphones?

Jul 19, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengt77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ouch indeed. I really do hope you'll get lucky.

I have a question that has everything to do with this issue. I'm about to bite the bullet and order the SE530 myself from either Darjo Distributions, an order that will be fulfilled by Amazon.com, or from Price Grabber. Buying from Price Grabber is nearly $40 more expensive, but they specifically state that you get the official two year warranty. I even contacted them, asking about the warranty and they replied I would indeed have the full Shure warranty. That's reassuring. But then again, ordering from Sarjo Distributions is $40 cheaper. I've contacted them as well, asking about warranty. Somebody from Amazon answered my question, stating that I should contact Shure. I've done so, but have yet to hear from them.

What to do? As it seems now, Price Grabber would be the wiser, but more expensive choice. Any ideas?

You can still do better than $310 if you check this link from this very reputable and official Shure dealer: Lowest-Price Guarantee

Jul 19, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #27 of 33
That they'd make IEM nozzles that snap within a week's of use doesn't give me very much confidence in Shure's QC ...

Jul 19, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #29 of 33
Meh, I've had mine now for almost 18 months and I switch tips like crazy. Nozzles are still fine.

Jul 19, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple254 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would just get them from Price Grabber to be honest, surely the forty dollars is worth it? I would pay that much if I knew I was going to definitely get the full Shure warranty. If Amazon are not 100% sure you will get the warranty I wouldn't take the risk, but that's just my opinion. If you think about it what is forty dollars when buying such expensive earphones?

Thank you. I think you've just made the decision for me. And of course $40 is totally worth the peace of mind of knowing I'll have the warranty when/if I need it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can still do better than $310 if you check this link from this very reputable and official Shure dealer: Lowest-Price Guarantee

Lowest-Price Guarantee won't price-match Amazon or eBay offers, though. And the Price Grabber offer was on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back