Just broke my week old Se530's :(
Jul 14, 2009 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

big_sound

100+ Head-Fier
*tear* i was trying to replace the stupid foamie eartip when the entire nozzle ripped in half. will shure replace these?

Jul 14, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #2 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by big_sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*tear* i was trying to replace the stupid foamie eartip when the entire nozzle ripped in half. will shure replace these?

That sucks.
frown.gif
However, perhaps calling shure is a better way to get an answer to your question?

-Nkk

Jul 14, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #3 of 33
Weird sub-forum to post this in.

Anyway, do you mean the plastic nozzle itself, or the eartip piece? Because "ripping" plastic is a weird mental image.

As for the warranty, unless you purchased them from an Authorized Dealer, you're going to run into trouble trying to replace these.

Jul 14, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #4 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Weird sub-forum to post this in.

Anyway, do you mean the plastic nozzle itself, or the eartip piece? Because "ripping" plastic is a weird mental image.

As for the warranty, unless you purchased them from an Authorized Dealer, you're going to run into trouble trying to replace these.

got them from amazon for close to 50% off
is there a problem there? maybe because I didn't pay the 450 dollar price.

Jul 14, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #5 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by big_sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
got them from amazon for close to 50% off
is there a problem there? maybe because I didn't pay the 450 dollar price.

Yeah, you're in trouble then.

Jul 14, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #6 of 33
Take heart; I bought my UM3x's and a new MP3 player (both from authorised dealers) less than two weeks ago. Yesterday I was rushing to meet some friends for my birthday and left them both in the cab.

Jul 14, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, you're in trouble then.

What has that got to do with it? Doesn't matter if it's on sale and 50% off, if it breaks like the op said, he has a right for a replacement. As long as Amazon is a authorised retailer, and he buys from amazon not a reseller who may not be authorised.

Jul 15, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazon is an authorized Shure dealer I believe...call Shure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What has that got to do with it? Doesn't matter if it's on sale and 50% off, if it breaks like the op said, he has a right for a replacement. As long as Amazon is a authorised retailer, and he buys from amazon not a reseller who may not be authorised.

Bumping this thread. The point is that I bet that the OP bought it from one of the third party sellers on amazon.com.

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #12 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by jelt2359 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Take heart; I bought my UM3x's and a new MP3 player (both from authorised dealers) less than two weeks ago. Yesterday I was rushing to meet some friends for my birthday and left them both in the cab.

major "ouch"

Jul 15, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #13 of 33
best bet is to contact shure tell them what you did.. see if that works if not you might have to pay to fix. Sennheiser was easy.. tell them what broke, send in my cans with my invoice and get them back under warranty.

Jul 17, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #15 of 33
When i got my se530s i was so scared taking off the spacers they came with.

I called sure to see if there was something i was missing, i was so scared to break them ;/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back