just bought the SR225; what amp should i buy?
Apr 3, 2005 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jabberbox

Banned
i am mostly going to be using it with my 4G ipod. so, something portable would be nice. realistically, i'd like to spend no more than $100. also, what accessories will i need? the pocketdock or sik din? thanks in advance.

Apr 4, 2005 at 7:42 AM Post #6 of 10
and to answer the unanswered part of your question, a pocketdock or SiK din line out and a reasonable interconnect will be needed.

rob

Apr 4, 2005 at 10:54 AM Post #8 of 10
Newb question: What's the difference in using an opamp for each channel, rather than the basic cmoy design, which only uses one for both channels? Is there a noticeable difference in sound quality?

Apr 4, 2005 at 10:58 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by SptsNaz
Newb question: What's the difference in using an opamp for each channel, rather than the basic cmoy design, which only uses one for both channels? Is there a noticeable difference in sound quality?

It uses one chip but with two op-amps inside.
Separate chips reduce crosstalk.

Apr 4, 2005 at 11:16 AM Post #10 of 10
Rockhopper Audio

Thrice is one of the nicest people I have ever met.

He makes a amp. in a altoids tin that I AB tested against all the portable amps at the DC. meet and in my opinion,held up very well aginst my SR-71,and the new Xin V3, and 3 or 4 others this hot rodded tin amp. was amazing! and it is in your price range!

Hope this helps.

PS. I used a Philips vintage PCDP. for a source and both SR-80/and ER 4P headphones with Pink floyds money in all my testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back