Just bought the Sony V6's .. awesome!
Oct 20, 2001 at 4:55 PM Post #16 of 20
i actually have the DT250 and my next set of cans will probably be the V6. Many people say these cans are similar sounding but I don't think anyone has actually done a direct comparison......

Oct 20, 2001 at 5:35 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by gorgon_123
i actually have the DT250 and my next set of cans will probably be the V6. Many people say these cans are similar sounding but I don't think anyone has actually done a direct comparison......

Whaddya mean? There have been endless comparisons between those two. I've got both. If you want to add to your collection, get the Sony's. If you're looking to improve upon anything over the 250s, forget it. Oh, I almost forgot, the Sony's isolate 3db better, but the pleather makes them much less comfortable in warm weather. The Sonys fold up, which is cool and they come with a little carying bag. The cord is replacable on the 250's which is cool.

Oct 20, 2001 at 10:41 PM Post #18 of 20
When I went from cheap chintzy headphones (actually, I think they were Sennheisers, but they were _really_ old, and with tacky yellow foam pads, on-the-ear styling, etc.; finally bit the big one) to V6/7506's, I didn't upgrade to anything else for years...they were my first around-the-ear type headphones, and I thought they were the greatest things since sliced bread.

Of course, I'm over that now.
tongue.gif

Oct 21, 2001 at 5:44 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Neruda
I didn't buy anything after my grados for nine months...

You must have gotten pretty hungry.

smily_headphones1.gif

I just got my V6s from ebay in the mail and they're very nice. I didn't realize how much I would miss the crossfeed from my cosmic though...coming straight out of my pc, the sense of left-right separation is a bit disconcerting. It's neat with pop recordings that have a lot of stereo effects that I've never heard before because I just listened to them through my pc speakers, but with mp3s or other music that wasn't intended to achieve this sort of separation, it's just strange. I wonder if I can find a software crossfeed utility to run so that this isn't so disturbing. Maybe I'll just get used to it. In any case, the cans themselves sound wonderful. I thought I might miss the bass impact by choosing these over SR60s but...no, it's just fine.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2001 at 7:20 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

yup, three weeks sounds about right. In fact, here's my prediction of how it goes: because you will have become used to the V6's isolation, you will first decide to get a second closed can in hopes of a better soundstage and what you call "smoother, less fatiguing treble." You'll ponder your decision but finally decide on the Beyerdynamic DT250, and you'll also get a nice amp to go along with it. But after a while you'll become obsessed with open cans. You'll question your self-worth for months, go in and out of mental institutions, inevitabley turning to alcohol. Ultimately, in a fit of rage, you'll order both the K501's and the HD580's from headroom. you will later sell the DT831's but keep the DT250's for portable use. Afterward you will contact JMT about an altoid amp.

Yikes! Neruda....have you been hacking into my subconscious???

(well if you have, you misread Beyer 250s for 770 pros
tongue.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back