Just bought the Senn CX 300
Feb 8, 2006 at 6:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Visigodo

100+ Head-Fier
Got them!!!! Yeaaaah!!!!!

sennheiser_cx_300_ear_canal_headphone.jpg

Will be reporting soon... as soon as I use them a little bit, of course.
I will write a comparison to my Sony EX71 in ear monitors.

etysmile.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by strid3r
I wasn't aware they released these, where did you purchase them?

J&R just released them this week. You can purchase the CX-300 online at this address:

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4077906

PS: also as of yesterday, they have the new models HD-205, HD-415, and HD-435 available for sale online or pick up at the NYC store.

biggrin.gif

PS: so far, they blow away the Sony EX71: better bass, and less annoying sibilance. A well balanced and comfortable IEM. I'm writing my review, testing different music styles, formats and sources. Will post my review probably tomorrow.

Feb 8, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gino
I hope a comparison with the px100/200 is up.

Since I proudly own a pair of PX-100, I should also add them to the mix and compare them as well.

cool.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #8 of 25
I just got a pair of PX100 (white version) ..its amazing how good these sound out of PPA...and I have not even broken them in yet! I am just amazed the difference between PX100 and HD650 is the smaller than I thought...actually alot smaller. amazing! Its sickens me to think that I spent 6X more for 650 to get the last 10% of quality... oh well..that's how audio things are I guess...

I guess its unfair to stick a portable headphone into the home rig...but..what if ....I wander if anyone has stick the PX100 in PPX or dynahi ....
biggrin.gif
basshead.gif
eggosmile.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 5:55 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert
I just got a pair of PX100 (white version) ..its amazing how good these sound out of PPA...and I have not even broken them in yet! I am just amazed the difference between PX100 and HD650 is the smaller than I thought...actually alot smaller. amazing! Its sickens me to think that I spent 6X more for 650 to get the last 10% of quality... oh well..that's how audio things are I guess...

I guess its unfair to stick a portable headphone into the home rig...but..what if ....I wander if anyone has stick the PX100 in PPX or dynahi ....
biggrin.gif
basshead.gif
eggosmile.gif

PX100 are indeed very good. However, the HD650 is much better in every way apart from being a lot "darker-sounding" than the PX100.

I too await the review of the CX300

Feb 8, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
PX100 are indeed very good. However, the HD650 is much better in every way apart from being a lot "darker-sounding" than the PX100.

I too await the review of the CX300

LOL..no HD650 is better in every aspect...I know that...but I am just scratching my head thinking how does this $50 contraption came so close to HD650 in quality?
confused.gif

I am thinking doing a PX100 VS HD650 review....should be fun!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I know these are better SR80...if I remember correctly the sound signiture of SR80...These are easily worth $125 IMO ..

LOL..I think I might pick up another pair just to stash it away
580smile.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert
LOL..no HD650 is better in every aspect...I know that...but I am just scratching my head thinking how does this $50 contraption came so close to HD650 in quality?
confused.gif

I am thinking doing a PX100 VS HD650 review....should be fun!
very_evil_smiley.gif

tongue.gif
I WAS starting to worry, although I do understand fully what you mean. I just sold my PX100. It wasn't easy, but I have moved on to better things now. I put HD414 pads onto the PX100 and the comfort level has risen a couple of notches.

ANYWAY, I probably shouldn't hijack this thread.
icon10.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
tongue.gif
I WAS starting to worry, although I do understand fully what you mean. I just sold my PX100. It wasn't easy, but I have moved on to better things now. I put HD414 pads onto the PX100 and the comfort level has risen a couple of notches.

ANYWAY, I probably shouldn't hijack this thread.
icon10.gif

you really should try the white PX 100...sounds different than the black one I tried few month back....these are crazy good for the price..
k1000smile.gif
...did I just use the phrase "crazy good"
orphsmile.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #14 of 25
I am eagerly awaiting your review as well.

I was thinking of picking up some canalphones, and I have not decided between the Creative EP-630 (though the only ones I'd be able to get are the Chinese OEM ones), the Panasonic RP-HNJ50/HJE50, the Sennheiser IE4, and the Sennheiser CX300.

Thinking about it, I would want a retail package with included accessories (like the extra rubber sleeves) so that would eliminate the EP-630. I'm concerned about the microphonics on the IE4 which people report to be worse than your average canalphones (along with the Sharp HP-MD33S), and there are lots of mixed reviews for the Panasonic series.

Hopefully the Sennheiser CX300 will stand out above the rest. Please do speak about the microphonics in your review. Thanks!

Feb 8, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #15 of 25
defintiely lookin forward to this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back