Just Bought the M-Audio IE-30
Dec 17, 2006 at 11:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

patrox89

100+ Head-Fier
Was out christmas shopping/replacing lost (by my brother) headphones. I need them for a bus trip to NYC im taking on tuesday morning so time is of the essence (other wise i would buy them from headroom and save about $70). At guitar center they had the IE-30s in clear and at compUSA they had white super.fi 5 pros. I would rather buy from ultimate-ears because of their repuatation here on headfi for stellar customer service. However, i really wanted the clear super.fi 5 pros. I can still return the IE-30s for money back and get the white super.fi 5's, but is it worth it if i want the clear cases?

Basically, should i choose color over customer service? Does anyone have any experience with m audio customer service? I have heard of some super.fi 5 pro cases cracking and ultimate ears gladly replaces them. I can also buy the extended warranty from best buy for 2 years for $40. Would that be worth it? I just dont want to be out of luck later on and have cracked $250 headphones that m audio wont replace.

If you have any thoughts, please post them.

(Oh and i will let you guys know how the IE-30's are if i decide to keep them. I cant open them until tomorrow night tho, supposed to be as much of a christmas present as possible, but with the whole little bro losing my old portable headphones my mom really cant argue.)

Dec 17, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #2 of 6
It is up to you if you want to keep the IE-30. They are the exact same as the Super.fi 5 Pro, so the choice is yours. Also I am not sure of M-Audio's customer service. Hopefully it will still be UE personnel handling that side of the business. I value and repect UE a lot as a company and love their products, and I am waiting on my Triple.fi 10 pro's.

To ALL, hold on to your UE marked/named products if you still have them. A rumor from a chain here in Dallas, TX stated they received a memo a month ago, that M-Audio now owns UE. They also stated that if they run out of UE products that they would price match any of the M-Audio equivalent products to the UE products. (i.e. IE-30 to Super.fi 5 Pro etc.).

Don't know if this is true, but they stated UE is just getting rid of left over inventory except the new Triple.fi. Who knows, but let's hope not.
frown.gif

Best regards, and if you keep the IE-30 or get the Super.fi 5 Pro, happy listening!

Dec 17, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #3 of 6
Tempestx: the salesperson at guitar center was also under the impression that the parent company of m-audio had purchased ultimate ears. i guess we won't know until current stock of ultimate ears run out, will we?

Dec 18, 2006 at 1:06 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by patrox89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tempestx: i guess we won't know until current stock of ultimate ears run out, will we?

Your right, guess we will not know until then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back