Just bought the JVC MARSHMALLOW
Mar 2, 2007 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
I went to Best Buys and bought the JVC MARSHMALLOW for 20.00.(Blue) These sound great with no amp out of my Zen V plus. It is a very fun sound and very easy to put in my ear. Compaired to the Vibes the Vibes sound way better but not as fun sounding. And the Vibes cost 100.00.

Mar 2, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #2 of 17
Yep, you can try kramermodding them and putting on new tips to open them up a bit and calm down the bass. Vibe tips fit perfectly on them and make them 2x more comfortable.

Mar 2, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #4 of 17
I think you might need to break it in first for about a week. Hear how the sound changes, and determine if you like it. Then if you want to mod it, it's really easy to do. The thing with modding it is you can't go back because you basically rip out the paper filter. I suggest you see if the sound is good enough for you after a week of listening. I definetely hear an improvement in the sound after a period of 100 hours or so.

I really like the sound of the Marshmallows. I usually don't push it in too deep because then the sound feels closed, muffled, and boomy. I have it pushed in just enough so that there is a decent amount of bass, and I can still hear external noises a bit.

Mar 2, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #5 of 17
blue_square.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #6 of 17
Mar 3, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everybody get ready...

http://www.jvc-victor.co.jp/accessor...22s/index.html

Only the black looks good IMO. Maybe another decent, inexpensive phone to mod. I'm still waiting for the FX99 though. Should be armature based to compete with the AT CK-9.

I wish I could translate all that. interesting to see how the marketing lingo differs in Japan from the US.

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #8 of 17
grrrrrr, all stores around here are sold out, Best Buy, CC, Walmart, Target... all sold out. I recently got my friends hooked on Marshmallows when they said "I hate these fkn earbuds, the keep falling out". I told my friend to look for JVC Marshmallows, and 2 days later he came into school with them. After that, his friends asked what they were, and the same thing happend with them. Sadly, I am yet to use them.

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #9 of 17
Sorry MARSHMALLOW folks but mine are now in a draw.
My Radio Shack 33-1991 16mm ear buds are miles better sounding. I tried.

Mar 3, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #11 of 17
Soymilk
HI: I bought these ear buds many years ago at rat Shack. They are now discontinued. The 16mm buds have very good bass and very clear mids and highs. Also I fine a better sound stage with buds over IEM.

Mar 3, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #12 of 17
How long have you had the Marshmallows?
20+ hour break in period at least?

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #13 of 17
I've checked the JVC-victor site but to no avail...

where can I find replacement stock tips for the FX33??

Mar 3, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by camille /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've checked the JVC-victor site but to no avail...

where can I find replacement stock tips for the FX33??

Yo, C.
I have some stock tips left.

If you want some, they're yours. I'm going to metro sometime this week or next week and I'll meet up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back