Just bought Sony Xb500's-i have Questions and comments
Dec 27, 2009 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TiestoFan

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I'm a newbie to the forum, and to good headphones (I've been using the earbuds that come with the ipod and iphone ever since I can remember).

I did some light research here and got myself familiar with known quality cans for under 100 before i went to best buy to find them. I found a pair of Sennheiser 280pro but the guy there told me they might be too high end for my uses and that they would not be forgiving of the source, since all I'm going to do with my headphones is listen to music from my iphone and maybe watch movies on my laptop. Anyways, after trying out all the head phones, i saw the sony and while its not as good as the other one on display (Beats) it was just a fraction of the cost. So I bought them. At the time being I'm extremely happy with them, but then again I might not know what I'm missing out on. But overall i feel like I'm able to hear details and nuances I never even knew existed. I'm an occasional techno/trance listener and let me tell you with these headphones on, its quite an experience. But R&B and hip-hop sound perfect too and thats what i mostly listen to so I'm impressed.

I do have some questions though..

I read the burn in FAQ but need a definitive answer..come on guys is there such a thing or not?

Does anyone else have these and think they are trash? The guy at best buy said the sony on ear mdr v500 was good too but its sealed in a box and i couldnt try it so i didnt want to take that risk.

have I made a good choice with my purchase?

thanks everyone

Dec 27, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 2
I have the XB700 and from what I've read they sound very similar. I also have the BEATs and I find myself using the sony most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back