Just bought shure se310's and....
Oct 2, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #17 of 29
Make sure you have a good seal. I put some Comply foam tips on my E2C's and use an E5 for bass boost and my E2C's have brand new life. Never going to tell anyone they have a lot of bass, but they paint a very clear, laid back picture of my music now. The extended listening comfort has been increased greatly as well. The only upgrade I will make is when I can afford the E530's.

What I am saying that might be relevant to you, is make sure you get the proper fit and seal. Let them burn in, and consider a $20 E5 as a way to avoid the hassle of returning and upgrading at significant cost. I agree that stepping to the E420 doesn't make as much sense as either waiting or jumping straight to the E530.

Oct 2, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're going to go for the SE420s, just move on up to the SE530s! Not much more and down the road you will be glad you did!

It will save you having to sell your 420s and upgrade later...

^ What he wrote.

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #19 of 29
i know but i really don't have that much money to spend even the 180 i spent was pushing it... do you guys any suggestions for other earphones that are much better in terms of clarity and the better quality bass with a good relibility? i've heard phonaks break but the new ones are coming out.. are those worth it?

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #21 of 29
Yeah, get rid of the 310s, they are just a sleeker version of the 210s. I'm sorry, but I don't know how the 110 got the awards that it did. I wouldn't touch any Shure SE products unless we are talking 420s or 530s, and even then there are better options. Yes, they are very well built from a product stand point, but the sound quality is just bad. The Shure SE series, together with the lower end UEs (especially the Super fi5) are horrible overpriced and overrated.

Oct 2, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think SE420 are that bass heavy but if you like bass more and don't want to miss the details then Klipsch Image X10 and Custom 3 will be much better. Because both are quite bass heavy but they shows rich details in highs and mids.

Do the Klipsch provide the same level of isolation as the Shure? The Shure's are great at blocking out sound in noisy environments. I'm actually pretty happy with my SE-310's, but I haven't experienced a lot of IEM's for comparison. The main reason I bought them was for the isolation since I use them while mowing and flying. Jon

Oct 2, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #24 of 29
I agree with some of what's been said in this thread. The Shure SE series will likely disappoint someone who is so used to hyped-up bass and treble in many cheaper headphones or earphones. I have a pair of the SE310 myself, and I can see how its sound can be too neutral for today's "smiley-face EQ'd" (actually, frown-face sensitive) ears.

Oct 2, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #25 of 29
so should i go for the phonaks? or klipsch x10s? give me suggestions here guys
biggrin.gif
and also i noticed that these headphones had alot of mids cuz i just turned them down and it sounds a little better but it makes the treble harsh so i'm looking for a better bass overall quality and quantity and good high end as in clarity. but i dunno about mids i guess regular?

Oct 2, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #27 of 29
ya i've tried like everything its just the phones i guess and also sometimes i get crackles when the treble gets high and i don't think its the music cuz my music's bitrate is at around 300

Oct 3, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #28 of 29
I think X10 willbe perfect choice for you because it's bass is really deep, punchy. smooth with great mids and detailed highs
icon10.gif
. Custom 3 are more refind and cleaner with more punchy deep bass and mids are forward, detailed with airy klipsch warm soundsignature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back