Just bought shure se310's and....
Oct 1, 2009 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

bannahz

New Head-Fier
Hey guys this is my first post here i just stopped by read some threads and i really like this forum
biggrin.gif
anywho.. i bought a pair of se310's on ebay and i dunno about them... its kinda weird i've heard that the bass and highs are good but the highs get clippy and the bass is not too impressive.. did i just get a bad one?

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 29
The SE310 uses the same drivers as the SE210. The only difference between them is that the SE310 has a 'Tuned BassPort'. What that exactly does is not clear, but the fact that the SE210 is severely lacking in the bass department should be an indication of what to expect from the SE310. Only the SE420 and SE530 use multiple drivers to guarantee a better bass response. I wouldn't rely on the lower-end models to give you good bass. I own both the SE210 and SE530, by the way.

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #4 of 29
I had the SE110 and went to SE420. I found that even the SE110 had enough bass personally but what I didn't like about them is that they had no highs at all. The problem with in-ears is that the bass is totally dependent on how far you put in the rubber or other type inserts wedged into your ear canal (even if they instructions say not too, if I don't put them in far, they slip out with small rubber tips and the others are just unconfortable for me).

The SE420 didn't blow me away in terms of sound either (I just expected more) but the highs are much better and that is what I found lacking in basic SE110. The bass sounds almost as good as the Sennheisers HD 595 that I have....

I think that the problem with in-ear remains figuring out which tip types and sizes are best for your ears. The problem is that in certain cases (like sweating at the gym), they slip out all the time....

Enjoy your new purchase.

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #5 of 29
ya its just i had these sony in ears before and i really liked the bass but the highs weren't there and i only paid like 50 for them so i expected the se310 to be a much better sounding but it actually came close to losing... so should i get the se410? or is there other ones much better in that price range

Oct 1, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #7 of 29
well either u did not get a good seal or maybe ur too used to the bass from the sony earphones you had before. ive only had sony earphones once..it was mdrex71 i believe and it had lots and lots of bass and had a lot more bass in terms of quantity than any of the earphones ive been using since.

Oct 1, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #8 of 29
Having been an owner of many shure phones I would suggest you return them for the Phonak Audeo PFE once the revised version is available in the next couple weeks.

As for burning them in? There will no difference in them. What you hear is what you get.

Oct 2, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #9 of 29
would the shure se420 be a big difference? cuz theres a chance that it cannot be refunded so i might have to exchange but they do have 420's so is it a decent pair? like is the bass good? the highs are very clear? sry i'm such a noob

Oct 2, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #10 of 29
The 420's will be a big improvement over the Se320. Where did you purchase the shures?

Oct 2, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #11 of 29
I don't think SE420 are that bass heavy but if you like bass more and don't want to miss the details then Klipsch Image X10 and Custom 3 will be much better. Because both are quite bass heavy but they shows rich details in highs and mids.

Oct 2, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #13 of 29
here's kinda the way i see it (take it or leave it). Shure is just a name. they generally dont get rave reviews around here except the 530. and even then you can be sure that some people definitely have that "i can't admit to myself that i'm dissapointed in these $400 earbuds i just bought." disorder.

as for constructive input... yes i'm saying sell those. and like someone else said try pfe's. or image x10. honestly something other than shure (as someone just said unless you're talking about the 420 or 530) in that price range.

another note... you paid 180 for those? i paid 190 for my se420's... and i was still dissapointed... this is my point. shure survives with a little extra hype. the name sounds good (accurate). and their products look very sleek and do seem to have good build quality. also there customer service is know to be good...

but i think their SOUND quality lacks a bit. and they advertise those rolled off highs like it's some kind of trademark that they're proud of. it's a flaw... a big one

Oct 2, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #14 of 29
shures are about the mids, they are never abundant in the highs so you can listen to them all day and never find the fatiguing. bass is more about control and precision not booming out bass like many will be used to hearing.

did they wow you with how clear they sounded the first time you heard them? and if you paid us$180 on ebay you prob got shafted, that seem way too much to me. return them and get a set of PL-50 or RE-0 instead

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 420's will be a big improvement over the Se320. Where did you purchase the shures?

If you're going to go for the SE420s, just move on up to the SE530s! Not much more and down the road you will be glad you did!

It will save you having to sell your 420s and upgrade later...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back